Blood Work??

mlm105
on 7/19/10 9:14 am - Mainland,NS, Canada
Hi All,

I was reading through my folder and it says that  before our first consultation with  the team (diana and teh Physcology Deptartment) we need  blood work done.  They  emailed  me with my appointment date. How does one find out what  blood work they need done before the consult? Do they mail me anything out  or do they contact  my family  doctor?

Mel
(deactivated member)
on 7/19/10 12:26 pm - Canada
They should mail you a with your appointment as well and they will include a requisition for the blood work.  When is your appointment?

mlm105
on 7/19/10 12:51 pm - Mainland,NS, Canada
My appointment is Oct,19th... When or how far in advance do they mail it out ? I live 3 hours away...
(deactivated member)
on 7/19/10 11:07 pm - Canada

They will mail it out with lots of time.  If you wanted to make sure, you could send Diana a quick message. 
Is there somewhere close by you could have the bloodwork done?

mlm105
on 7/19/10 11:12 pm - Mainland,NS, Canada
I would be having my bloodwork done in Antigonish. Antigonish is about 3 hours from Halifax.
(deactivated member)
on 7/20/10 11:53 am - Canada
ahhh, I was in Antigonish three times in the last 2 weeks!!
A in NS
on 7/20/10 1:14 pm
I had my blood work done at the Truro Hospital with no problems.

Weight lost since surgery:

mlm105
on 7/21/10 12:17 am - Mainland,NS, Canada
so Oakley and Angiecam, did they mail outthe blood work requistion forms to you  directly to go get your blood or did you have to go to your family doctorto get the requisition forms? How long before your appointment with the team did the WLS Clinic mail them out to you?

Thanks,

Mel
A in NS
on 7/21/10 1:39 am
It seems to me that they mailed mine to me directly with my paper that had my appointment time on it - if yours didn't maybe you should check with Diana to be sure?

Weight lost since surgery:

mlm105
on 7/21/10 4:28 am - Mainland,NS, Canada
Hey gals,

I received my appointment date by email. I will email Diana the first week of August and ask if  about the  bloodwork papers and  location of my appointment.

Oakley, do you live close to Antigonish?

Mel
Most Active