I'm back home & sleeved!

A in NS
on 7/22/10 11:50 pm
Hi Donna,
The best kind of protein is whey protein.  If you look on the NS forum someone just started a thread about protein which should be your best bet - keep asking questions, it's the only way!  :)  I don't know if anyone told you, but you can find out a lot of info about the weight loss surgery program in Halifax by going to this site - this is what they want you to read & study for WLS:
http://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/default.aspx?page=SubPage&catego ry.Categories.1=112¢erContent.Id.0=32829
and be sure to check out all of the sub categories - especially WLS info & handouts

Weight lost since surgery:

donna63
on 7/22/10 11:55 pm - halifax, Canada
yes i read all of that ty. how are you feeling? if you work outside the home when will u go back to work
donna63
on 7/22/10 5:19 am - halifax, Canada
did msi pay for all of it

A in NS
on 7/22/10 10:17 am
Hi Donna,
Yes, MSI paid for all of it 

Alegria
on 7/16/10 12:42 am - Nova Scotia, Canada
Congratulations Angie, so wonderful to know everything went well and that you are on the road to recovery and weight loss.

Remember walk, sip, sip, sip, and walk some more.  Very exciting.

Take care of you,

Smiles,

Nadine

5'10 ~ HW 333 / SW 319 / CW 223 / Goal 170

Citykitty
on 7/19/10 5:45 am - Sydney, Canada
Congratulations Angie.  Sounds like you are doing well.  How long ago was it that you had your first appointment (the one where there is 50 or so people there)?  Also did they let you know that you were chosen for the surgery right away or is there a waiting period after the first consult?  I have my initial consult in August so I'm curious.

A in NS
on 7/19/10 9:21 am
I went to the info session in June 2009.  They called me May 18, 2010 for my first appointment to meet the 'team' and then I got to meet Dr. Ellsmere at my next appointment on June 2.  They finally called me with my surgery date of July 13.  It takes longer for some of us than others - many people who were at the info session I was at are sleeved way before me.  Hope you don't have to wait too long!  Feel free to ask any questions & I will do my best to answer.

Most Active