I have a date

CaperGal
on 7/14/10 3:23 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
 I sent an email to Diana Lawer asking about when we might be called to go see the team. I just checked my email and this is what she said:

Oct 13th 10am is your appt --4th floor Dickson Center Surgery clinic.  You will be getting info in the mail.  See you then.

I am happy to know, at last good  things will be started for me. I would love to start the new year off becoming the person I want to be. One with less diffulity getting around and hopefully get rid of some of my medications. Just to be able to do more with my grandkids will be great.

Anyone have any idea how long it takes after that visit before we get a surgery date? Thanks
mlm105
on 7/14/10 7:16 am - Mainland,NS, Canada
I would also like to announce that I received my date of October,19th .
CaperGal
on 7/14/10 10:16 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Debbie T.
on 7/14/10 10:34 am - Canada
Fabulous on the date.

It should take about a month after seeing the team to get an appointment to meet with Dr Ellsmere. mine took a little longer. But when you are there you should get a surgery date.
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
CaperGal
on 7/14/10 12:44 pm - Sydney Mines, Canada
Sounds good to me. Can't wait.
mlm105
on 7/14/10 9:53 pm - Mainland,NS, Canada
I am so excited.I must  admit a bit nervous as i so  want all this to work out and be approved.
Mel
auntieRhonda
on 8/10/10 4:59 am - Sydney, Canada
On July 14, 2010 at 10:23 AM Pacific Time, CaperGal wrote:
 I sent an email to Diana Lawer asking about when we might be called to go see the team. I just checked my email and this is what she said:

Oct 13th 10am is your appt --4th floor Dickson Center Surgery clinic.  You will be getting info in the mail.  See you then.

I am happy to know, at last good  things will be started for me. I would love to start the new year off becoming the person I want to be. One with less diffulity getting around and hopefully get rid of some of my medications. Just to be able to do more with my grandkids will be great.

Anyone have any idea how long it takes after that visit before we get a surgery date? Thanks
CaperGal ! I too am a Caper Girl...wanting some information if you can give me some. I am interested in getting the lapband procedure, and am about to go talk to my MD about it. Is there any advise you would give me to try to get my Dr. to write to MSI. Did you pay out of pocket or were you assisted by MSI as well? I hope these questions aren't too obtrusive, I am just trying to find my way through this the easiest way possible.
A in NS
on 8/10/10 11:12 pm
Hi Auntie Rhonda,
They only do VSG in Halifax - not sure what they do in NB, but I'm pretty sure they do the lap bad - not sure how MSI would work for that though?  Hopefully someone can give you more info.  If you want to learn more about the VSG & the WLS team in Halifax you can check it out here:
http://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/default.aspx?page=SubPage&catego ry.Categories.1=112¢erContent.Id.0=32829

Weight lost since surgery:

DaniDragonfly
on 8/16/10 1:35 am - Lockhartville, Canada
Hi CaperGal;

I have also just gotten my date for the clinic appointment from Diana (I also couldn't stand it any longer and had to email) ... mine is the 29th of September.

If you happen to find this answer, let me know ... and I'll do the same.

I am struggling with fears that they'll find some reason why I will not qualify for this surgery ... I have actually GAINED weight since the March session. Argh - been to my doc and she says it's some sort of vein thing causing fluid retention.

How have you found it?

Dani
Most Active