Update

A in NS
on 7/11/10 5:18 am
Well, I have lost 80lbs and my diabetes has gotten so much better!  Recently my numbers were mostly in the 4's so they lowered my Metformin dose from 2 x 850mg/day to 2 x 500mg/day!  My numbers are still pretty low so I'm thinking it won't be too long until I can stop taking the Metformin for good!   Now to get rid of the sleep apnea & high blood pressure (though blood pressure med was lowered recently too!)

I got through the week of full fluids ok this week  (thankfully, my husband did it with me - it would suck to be stuck eating liquids when everyone else is having steak! lol) and tomorrow I will just be having clear liquids with no protein powder so it looks like it will be a loooong day.  Then surgery Tuesday!  For those of you just starting the liquids, it gets better after a couple of days, so hang in there!

I lost 7lbs on the liquids this week (not counting tomorrow).

Weight lost since surgery:

Debbie T.
on 7/11/10 8:54 am - Canada
Good luck Angie
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/10 9:45 am - Canada
Wow! You have already lost more than I have and I already had surgery!!  lol

Good Luck on Tuesday. 
A in NS
on 7/11/10 10:16 am
ahhh, but what took you 4 months too me 3 years!  Can't wait to lose 63lbs in that amount of time!!

Thanks everyone!

Weight lost since surgery:

justsherri65
on 7/12/10 4:54 am - Canada
Hey angie...Good luck with your surgery tomorrow..My surgery is booked for July 30th in Moncton and I can't wait to get it over with..i am super scared..Ive started my liquid diet and you are right, it is tuff, but I am hoping it will get better like you said..Keep in touch and will be thinking about you!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/10 10:46 am - Canada
Good Luck tomorrow!!! It will be just great!!

Can you get your husband to make a post to update us before you get out of the hospital on Thurs?

Lana
chrissybell03
on 7/12/10 10:58 am - Canada
Good luck tomorrow Angie! You're going to do great! Looking forward to an update!
xoxo
Chrissy
CaperGal
on 7/12/10 12:57 pm - Sydney Mines, Canada
Good Luck tomorrow Angie. You will do great. saying a little prayer that all goes well.  
Most Active