Where can I find Greek Yogurt?

A in NS
on 7/8/10 11:39 am
Where in NS can  I buy greek yogurt?  I have been looking for ages & can't find it anywhere - surely we have it??

Weight lost since surgery:

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/10 8:24 pm - Canada
I found it at my local Sobey's in Elmsdale but not with the other yogurts, it was down at the other end of the cheese fridge section. 
Are you asking at the store just to make sure you aren't missing it?

How are things going?  Well I hope.  My mother made me a home made tomato soup with greek yogurt, it was good.  Want me to see if I can find the recipe?
A in NS
on 7/8/10 10:22 pm

I will ask again at the store - I don't know if I looked in the cheese isle! 
The tomato soup sounds great - I would love the recipe if you can find it!  :)

imaybenuts
on 7/9/10 10:25 pm - Canada
costcooooooooo..lol its the only place i can find it

30 lbs lost pre op

A in NS
on 7/9/10 10:37 pm
I'm not a member  :(

CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 7/10/10 10:07 am - Canada
Hi

Can you guys tell me what brand I am looking for - in Costco or Sobeys cause I look all the time and dont seem to find it or any diff. yogourt I have discovered is to high in carbs to bother- so I just use cottage cheese and use crystal light or davinci syrups to flavor it - then I toss it some fruit and fibre one cereal .

Thanks
deb

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

A in NS
on 7/10/10 12:46 pm
What are davinci syrups?  I never thought of trying to flavor cottage cheese with crystal light or syrup - aren't you a smartie! 

CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 7/11/10 1:34 am - Canada
Hi Angie

Davinci Syrups - the sugar free ones that is- are a great way to add flavour without sugar to any drink but also you can flavor other things with them.

http://www.davincigourmet.com/

If you do a regular swing by Winners and HomeSense you can pick up some flavors but it i**** and miss- so you have to pop by weekly cause they only will have certain flavors and then nothing again for a while.

Last time they had anything in was Sugar Free Raspberry which is great when I mix with my vanilla protein powder frozen raspberries and ice and almond breeze unsweetened vanilla - throw it all in the Magic Bullet and voila a super creamy very yummy protein shake! .

There are a few places you can buy them flavored sugar free syrups online in Canada- you can also go to Starbucks and they sell their sugar free syrups.

Low carb Grocer in Toronto has some pretty yummy food/snacks etc - shipping is reasonable if you buy enough-- you might want to chk it out.

www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/

I have also used an immersion blender in the cottage cheese to whip it fluffy. When I go stateside any time I always pick up sugar free /fat free instant jello pudding mixes and if I put a couple teaspoons into cottage cheese its a nice dessert when whipped up.

Tricks you learn along the journey!

Good luck
deb

ps I am going to give you a link for some great ideas and recipes for post
op life! 

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/10 2:43 am - Canada
Winter Tomato

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes

1 tsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped (or 1 tsp jarred chopped garlic)
2 Tbsp no-salt-added tomato paste
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp thyme
1 bay leaf
2 cans (14.5 oz each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, including juice
1/4 c fat-free milk
2 Tbsp plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt

1. Heat olive oil in medium saucepan. Cook onion and garli****il soft, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, sugar, thyme, bay leaf, tomatoes, and 2 cups water. Stir together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes.

2. Remove bay leaf. Use a handheld blender to puree the soup in the saucepan, or transfer soup to a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth. (If you're using a standard blender, allow the mixture to cool first; hot liquid may cause the blender to squirt out contents. Depending on the size of your blender, you may have to do this in batches.)

3. Heat milk in microwave for 30 seconds to warm, and then stir it into the pureed soup along with yogurt. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.

Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 76 cal, 1.5 g fat (0.2 g sat), 14 g carbs, 43 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein

A in NS
on 7/10/10 6:14 am
That sounds really good - I plan to try it for supper over the next couple of days - Thanks!

Most Active