I had my pre-op yesterday

A in NS
on 6/30/10 12:23 am

For those of you waiting to go, I had my pre-op appointment yesterday & everything went fine.  I saw the nurse first - he asks all of the medical history questions & answers any of your questions.  I had blood work done next - which I fasted for but turns out I didn't have to because they weren't doing blood sugars or cholesterol or anything like that.  Next was an EKG which was quick & painless.  Next I saw an anesthesiologist resident who asked all of his medical questions and finally I saw the anesthesiologist.  I arrived at the hospital at 10:00am and was done by a little after 2:00pm - there is a lot of sitting around between appointments.  There was no one there from the wls team so no need to haul your binder with you like I did. 

Weight lost since surgery:

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/10 10:19 pm - Canada
Glad everything went well! 

I remember my appt going fast, you were there for a long time.
CaperGal
on 7/1/10 9:31 am - Sydney Mines, Canada

Nice to know you got it all done in the same day. I was wondering about that cos I live 4 and 1/2 hours away. Did you ever have to bring your binder with you? Do you still have to go to see the WLS team?

A in NS
on 7/1/10 9:43 am
I had to take my binder whenever I saw any of the WLS team (which was only twice!).  I don't have to see them again until after surgery, but I can e-mail any questions to Diana that I might have.  You're going to have a very long day for pre-op - maybe you should spend the night & make a day of it?

Weight lost since surgery:

CaperGal
on 7/1/10 11:21 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Yes I will have to make it a day and night. lol
chrissybell03
on 7/1/10 2:50 pm - Canada
YAY for your preop! I'm so excited for you!
xoxo!
Chrissy
Most Active