I have a surgery date!!! WOOHOO!!!!

A in NS
on 6/23/10 11:07 pm

I can't believe it!!  Only 19 days!!!  OMG I'm a little freaked out right now but sooooooo excited!!!!!  I have pre-op stuff on June 29!  WOOHOO!!!!!!!!  What should I expect with the pre-op appointment?

Weight lost since surgery:

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/10 5:48 am - Canada
That's great news!!!!
You will do great!! 
Pre-op is blood work, Ekg, meet with anesthiologist and meet with a nurse.  Lots of questions.  It is easy, no problem.

A in NS
on 6/24/10 7:32 am
Ha!  I guess I was excited - I forgot to put the date!  lol  July 13 is the surgery date.
So if they are doing bloodwork, do I fast?  She didn't mention it and I didn't think to ask!
Thanks, guys!

maryja
on 6/24/10 6:33 am - NS, Canada
Angie, Congratulations!!!!  That is so exciting!!!  Believe me, it's all good.  You will be so happy you did this.  Only good things are coming your way!  What is your actual surgery date? 

Good for you!!!!!!!!
MJ
(deactivated member)
on 6/24/10 10:26 am - Canada

LOL, I saw the surgery date under your siggy. 

I honestly forget if you need to fast or not but it is best to err on the side of caution on do an 8 hr fast. 

Congrats!

A in NS
on 6/24/10 10:39 am
I sent an e-mail asking Deanna (Diana is on vacation) if I need to fast or not.

Kitty1975
on 6/25/10 3:33 am - Canada
aww thats awesome, good luck. i am jealous

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
CaperGal
on 6/26/10 12:10 pm - Sydney Mines, Canada

Hi and congrats. I was wondering how long you have been waiting for your surgery? I did the session on March 1st and only got a huge questionare do do and sent back. I haven't got word for the visits yet. Hoping and praying it will be soon. You will do great.

A in NS
on 6/26/10 12:22 pm
Hi CaperGal,

I went to the info session in June 2009.  They called me May 18, 2010 for my first appointment to meet the 'team' and then I got to meet Dr. Ellsmere at my next appointment on June 2.  They finally called me with my surgery date of July 13.  It takes longer for some of us than others - many people who were at the info session I was at are sleeved already.  Hope you don't have to wait too long!  Feel free to ask any questions & I will do my best to answer.

CaperGal
on 6/26/10 12:58 pm - Sydney Mines, Canada
wow that was a long time to wait. Iam so looking forward to getting this done and I was hoping it would be done before the winter. I guess it will not happen that soon afterall.
Most Active