Support Group

A in NS
on 6/9/10 1:59 am
Hey guys, I know there is a support group or something to that effect, but do they ever get together?  Any info would be appreciated  :)

Weight lost since surgery:

A in NS
on 6/9/10 9:40 am
Or even any councelling services in NS for that matter - I would like to have my head wrapped all the way around this - I DON'T want to screw it up!  Thanks

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/10 9:23 pm - Canada
Contact Diana and Janet in the WLS Clinic.  I asked Diana about it because I thought there was a group.  She emailed me back about their new bariatric buddy program and she set me up with that.
A in NS
on 6/9/10 10:02 pm
Excellent idea - thanks!!  :)

CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 6/10/10 6:56 am - Canada
Hi

I did not have my surgery with the WLS clinic in Halifax but did attend a couple of the meetings they had organized for a support group- I guess that has folded??

Anyway just curious if this new program is offering a support group type meeting again or what it involves- I am in HRM and would really like to get together once a month with some like minded people.

Thanks
Deb

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

A in NS
on 6/10/10 12:13 pm, edited 6/10/10 12:14 pm
I would like to get together too - maybe a bunch of us could do that?  I will hold a get-together at my house if anyone is interested -  I live near Truro if that's ok with everyone - I have a huge back yard and an open concept kitchen/dining room/living room so there should be plenty of room.  Please lmk if you're interested - I know the NS forum isn't all that active but I'll bet we're all pretty chatty in person!  lol  Thoughts?

maryja
on 6/12/10 1:52 pm - NS, Canada
I think there must be plenty of interest among us to have a support group.   I think that would be really great.  I tried to get involved with the other group but they didn't have any meetings between when I joined OH and when I had my surgery in March. :(
MJ
A in NS
on 6/12/10 1:58 pm
I thought there would be lots of interest too - but there doesn't seem to be - yet, anyway...  I will figure out a date that would be good for a 'meeting' and let you know.  My surgery should be mid to end July, so sometime before that would work for me - lmk if anyone has any preferences!

maryja
on 6/14/10 9:26 am - NS, Canada
Hi Angie,

You must be excited to have your surgery coming up soon.  Good for you.  I'm sure you will be very pleased to have it done as I think we all have been.  For me, it has been a great solution to a life long weight issue.  I would never look back.

I'm really busy with work in the summer so I may not be able to make the first meeting but would be interested in getting together when I am available hopefully sometime later in the fall.

All the best to you!

MJ :)
MJ
A in NS
on 6/14/10 11:19 am
OK so I think the meeting will be Saturday, June 26 - I haven't set the time yet - waiting to see who wants to come and how far they are travelling, etc...  Any preferences anyone?

Sorry to hear you might not make it to the meeting, MJ!  You're right I am sooo excited to have the surgery - I have been working on loosing weight for the last 3 years (since my son was born) and I have managed to take off almost 75lbs - and then I see that some loose that much in the first few weeks & then my surgery seems sooo far away!  lol

Most Active