Halifax NS

MSNanny
on 3/22/10 12:07 pm - Canada
Hello

I am wondering what the time line is...I have been thinking, talking, researching about this for along time...I am ready now, and have an appointment with my doctor this week. I am 47, insulin dependant typpe 2 diabetic, alot of health issues and depressed. My doctor mentioned to me a long time ago...a year or more, my first response was, naaaa I can do it....well now that my health is worse....it is time....my kids are just beggining their familes. I have a job I love, my aunt with all the same issues as me only 25 yrs older, never did anything to help herself, and now she is very sick, and over 65, so cannot have the surgery. I do not want to end up the same way.

I am more scared not to have the suegery than I am to have it.

I am hoping I wont have to wait too long, a year or so, I am hoping...any suggestions?
I read alot about outside the province and country? Cost alot?

Anything will help

Thanks
imaybenuts
on 3/23/10 12:06 am - Canada
wish i could say it was going to be fast..i waited 8 years...an am just going in on april 6th..... they say the normal time is usually 5-7 years but there was a girl in my info session that was only a year.....maybe with all your health prob they might take u priority....good luck hun

30 lbs lost pre op

mice_elf_2u
on 3/23/10 2:58 am - Beausejour, Manitoba, Canada
 Where are you planning on having it done MSNanny? If it's in Canada I won't be surprised if they give you a 3-5 yr wait. Like I told you before....Mexico is alot cheaper and they look after you like royalty. I had the sleeve and if u read my blog you can see what my journey has been like. I am finally at my first goal of losing 20 lbs!....I am sooo excited.
MSNanny
on 3/23/10 6:18 am - Canada
Hello

So where do I get info about where you had your surgery. Not sure yet if I am taking that route, but I should have the information.

Thanks
mysticfantasy
on 4/13/10 5:02 am
Hi there im from here in halifax and i just informed my doc i would like to have this done, as my friend had it done and only waited like 8 months? shes doing wonderful lost 70 lbs in like a month and a half.
To all that ha the vertical sleeve what am i looking at in terms of consult and so on?? any fact, need to know anything would be helpful thanks:)
Most Active