Back from Info Session

mlm105
on 3/1/10 8:01 am - Mainland,NS, Canada
Hey all,

I am back from info session and it was very informative. I must admit  the research I have done before going was helpful so today was  reaffirming of how much I want to do this.
You go and they give you papers to fill out and you weigh in  and then there is the session where they inform you of the prcedure,risks and changes to life style.also there is a patient speaker who has had the procedure done .

Kitty1975
on 3/1/10 8:14 am - Canada
i enjoyed it and as you did i researched lots before hand and they just comfirmed more or less what i knew. although i will say i wish the speaker would have had before pictures but maybe she choose to not include those where she isnt done losing yet. i look forward to the next step...6mos-year cant come soon enough. i was hesitant on the weighing part cause i really had no honest clue, but least now i know what i have to do and how much to lose.
imaybenuts
on 3/1/10 8:33 am - Canada
i go to first meeting on the 9th...ill let u guys know what happens........i hated the weigh in to.... damn i knew there was junk in the trunk but not that much..lmao

30 lbs lost pre op

CaperGal
on 3/3/10 7:55 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
I was at that meeting too. I kinda expected to see a slide show or film about the whole thing but it was still good. They REALLY stress the part where you have to start your binder now and they told us about the site to go and print out all this info. It really is a great site for info. This is the site if anyone would like to check it out.

http://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/default.aspx?page=SubPage¢er Content.Id.0=53280&category.Categories.1=112

You have to go on a liquid diet for a week or two before you get to your appointment.
imaybenuts
on 3/3/10 8:42 am - Canada
try working on your menu for stages 3,4 and 5 ...i had a really hard time.....its not that easy making sure u get all ur protien in...uggggggg.well find out on tues if i did it right...lol good luck girls....cheers

30 lbs lost pre op

Kitty1975
on 3/3/10 9:21 am - Canada
yeah thats what worries me too is the protein. well heck a lot worries me but yeah. i dont like the thought of hair loss either but i guess its a small set back to something that is so huge and something that will surely change my life.
Alegria
on 3/3/10 9:01 pm - Nova Scotia, Canada

Protein is really key in all of this.  Hair loss will be minimal if you get all your vitamins and protein.  This is for life, I have long hair and only lost a bit in the beginning as my body was adjusting.

As for how to get the protein in on a daily basis, in the first weeks, it's next to impossible as you are really trying to get the fluids in but it is doable for sure. 

I do recommend that you try as many different proteins now as there will be some you prefer more than others - taste, testure, soy, whey and what not.

Everything you eat now be sure to check how many grams of protein there is, this will give you an idea of where you are and how much more you need.

Some yogurts are higher than other.  You can mix this in your protein shakes as well.  For those who like cottage cheese this can be blended and mixed in your soups, and you would never know it was there.  Home made veggie soup or cream of chicken.

One other thing is mixing powdered milk with your milk it doubles the protein, add a tbsp of cocoa with some sweetner and you've got a yummy hot chocolate, add some instant decaf coffee and now a mocha drink.

Now is the time to play around with all the testures and flavors.  Most health food stores have individual packs that you can try before you buy the big jugs or cases.

This is so exciting for you all, I'm sure you will do great,

Take care,

Nadine

5'10 ~ HW 333 / SW 319 / CW 223 / Goal 170

Kitty1975
on 3/3/10 10:14 pm - Canada
oh weird i just sent you a message asking you about protein shakes. lol i do take some vitamins already but working on getting in all the ones i need, as well as on the protein and the shakes. its why i have no idea what to try first. i think i am just on information overload. i find myself checking out the labels now for protein and sugars. always did the sugar since i am diabetic. i appreciate all the advice as i am sure others do. keep it coming!

anyone can feel free to add me as a friend as well. :-)

ginny

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
beaverblue
on 3/16/10 5:10 am - Canada

Nadine, your advice is absolutely spot on!  Listen up everyone-this gal knows what she is talking about. She coached me too and even visited me while in the hospital.

Protien is Key!  Fruit smoothies with added protien is also yummy in the morning! Finding a protien shake you like is the challange we all face so best to start looking now.

Good luck everyone! YOU WILL ENJOY THIS RIDE

Sugarbear

mlm105
on 5/10/10 6:32 am - Mainland,NS, Canada
Did any of the other girls here that were at the March,1,20120 info session in Halifax here back yet ?

Most Active