NSV to share...

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/10 12:14 pm - Canada

Went shopping today for new exercise clothes. Bought a pair of workout pants and they were not 3X, not 2X, not 1X, and not even XL, they were freakin Large! No X in front of the size!! Love it! I was so excited i just had to post! lol

Cheers,

maryja
on 1/9/10 12:28 pm - NS, Canada

Congratulations Liz!!!  That is so awesome!  You must feel like a new woman!! Keep on working your sleeve!!  I can't wait to have my surgery March 1 - I'm so excited to get on the loser's bench!!

All the best,

MJ

MJ
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/10 1:18 pm - Canada

Thanks MJ and yes i do feel much better but i wont consider myself a new woman until i hit goal--45 lbs to go!

You will love your sleeve--keep in touch!

Hugs,

imaybenuts
on 1/13/10 2:50 am - Canada
wow........great news!!!!!! good for you!!! how long did it take you? doesnt seem like that long? couple questions...... what do or did you find the hardest? what were and maybe still are your speed bumps?

CONGRATES TO YOU!!!!!!!! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT ...APPLAUSE!!!! AND A BIG HOLLERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

30 lbs lost pre op

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/10 7:02 am - Canada

I am just over 6 mos out and am down 74lbs now. My next mini goals are to lose 75lbs (only one more to go), Hit onederland (16lbs to go) and then to hit goal (44lbs to go).

For me the hardest thing is to keep exercising. I dont really like it so i have to fight with myself to get it done! Something i still work on. The other 2 tough things were getting in enough water (which i have been doing lately), and getting in all my pro. Every day is a new day and so i try to improve on these things every day!

In the very beginning post surg my biggest issue was the liquids, but like i said i seem to have that under control now. I can drink and gulp liquids pretty normally now.

Email me anytime!

Cheers,

maryja
on 1/20/10 11:31 am - NS, Canada
Liz, Congratulations!! You are doing so well!  You must be very pleased.  I must say I'm a bit nervous, but more excited about my surgery on March 1.  Right now, I'm still struggling with food issues as I have for years.  I have been exercising more regularly, however, which I feel good about.

Did you find your cravings for foods have gone with the surgery or have you just learned how to manage your "head hunger" differently.  That is what I'm working on but some days are not easy.

Enjoy your success and talk to you soon,

MJ:O)
MJ
A in NS
on 3/21/10 9:22 am
That's awesome!  I can't wait until that day!!!  :)
beaverblue
on 1/16/10 9:57 pm - Canada
WOW, that is an awesome NSV. Aren't they the best! I love seeing the scale go down but the NSV's are so "there in your face" Weight in pounds are sort of virtual and can only be accentuated by the NSV's. Kim and I have an appointment on Tuesday at 1:00. Hope to see you then.

Chow,

Carmen

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/10 11:39 am - Canada

I find once you rid your body of the carby stuff it is much easier to go without them. After a couple of weeks without carbs, or very little,  the cravings for them are not as strong but i think the head hunger is something we all have to work on always!

Cheers,

Most Active