Support Groups/Consultation?

forcryinoutloud
on 8/3/09 11:13 am - Port Hood, Canada
Thank you, that would be great! :)
Citykitty
on 8/21/09 2:48 pm - Sydney, Canada
Hi,

Thought I may as well throw in my two cents worth on this one too.  I'm also from CB and I'm looking forward to the support group getting up and running.  My referral went in a couple of months ago, but I remember feeling quite a bit like you are now.  The doctor I have right now is not very familiar with me as she & I have only known one another for about a year so she does not really know the struggles that I've faced with my weight all my life.  She did not hassle me about the referral but I really had to do all the legwork myself - she did absolutely nothing as far as advising me other than to tell me that it was expensive!!!   My sister is supportive to a degree, but that is a long story.  I've not yet told my brothers and I have no other immediate family.  I have a close friend who is very supportive and who has agreed to be my surgery buddy when the time comes, so long as she can get the time off work.  As for the rest of the world they can tell me how they feel about it as I'm getting skinny.
I don't know if I can be of any help to you but I'm certainly willing to try.  The way I look at this is that we are all in the same boat.  If there is a way we can help one another, then let's do it.  God only knows I've tried every method of weight loss known to mankind during the last forty years and all I've managed to get out of it is fleeting glimpses of my goal weight.  The last few years I could only get to within about twenty pounds of it before I'd start going back up again!!!  At least this solution holds some promise that I may be able to get down there and stay there for more than ten minutes!!!

forcryinoutloud
on 8/21/09 9:53 pm - Port Hood, Canada
Thanks for sharing. :)

Do you mind me asking which surgery you're planning to have as you said your Doctor said it was expensive?

I'm planning to have the vertical sleeve and from all the research I've done it is covered by MSI.
Citykitty
on 8/21/09 11:50 pm - Sydney, Canada
Hi,

I guess I should have clarified that.  We started out by trying to refer me to NB for the lap band and I told her I would pay for the band if MSI would cover the surgery.  Well, MSI flatly refused to cover the surgery and told her to refer me to the NS program so I'm now on the wait list for VSG.

forcryinoutloud
on 8/21/09 11:55 pm - Port Hood, Canada
Thank you for clarifying. :) 

Sorry things didn't work out in NB but that's great that you're on the list for the sleeve! :) I have my appointment on Sept 11 to ask my doctor to refer me. *crosses fingers*
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/09 12:54 am - Canada
Look up jmer842 on here . I am sure she would be very happy to hear fr you! If you have any probs let me know...
CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 8/7/09 9:49 am - Canada
Here is a posting from Jackie in June about a Cape Breton support group-

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NS/3960745/Cape-Breton-Sup port-Group/

good luck

deb

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

Most Active