2 months and 2 weeks out.

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/09 2:55 am
VSG on 04/06/09 with
Well what a trip this has been.

I am still feeling fabulous.  

Once and a while I still get a sore spot on my left side, just under the incision where my stomach was removed.  I get it when I twist really hard, or upon exertion in that area.  Like softball.........or my tone and stretch class.  Kinda bugs me, but.....it will get better !

I am truly happy with my weight loss thus far.  As I was reminded (thank you Kristi) my ticker says I have less to lose than I have lost already.    That is to be determined when I get closer to that weight.  I have a wait and see approach on that.

I am able to eat anything but ice cream....it goes right through me, but I can live without it for sure.  LOL

I may try it again in the future.......we will see, with some Lactaid !!

I can see my `numbers` in pounds and inches.......and I can feel my clothes getting baggy....and I am down a few sizes......BUT............I still see a chubby me.  Funny how one sees oneself.  I still see the big girl and not the slightly smaller one.  Time will change that, I hope.

Not many people have noticed my weight loss.  I guess I had programed them all to see the chubby girl, by being my size.....and they are used to it.  My partner and kids see it, but they know about the surgery and see me every day.  I did not tell anyone else...........nor will I tell.

I did buy a nice new dress for my daughters Grad this month.  I like it .......and will post something the end of the month to show it.

I will also get some pics taken for 2 mos comparison.

People do notice my change in eating habits.  I just tell them I am making better choices and have had no issues with that.

Hair is still in tack (thank you GOD)  LOL

I get my food, supplements and fluids in almost every day!  Am I perfect at it, no.....sometimes I fall asleep and forget to take my night Calcium.  So I am working on getting that in just after supper.....so far so good.

I would do this surgery all over again in a heartbeat. 

I would go see Dr Alvarez again............NO QUESTION!!

This is the perfect tool for me, I needed restriction and accountability and the sleeve does that for me.

I am down over 44 lbs and over 29 inches....I can hardly believe it !!

SO...............time to up some protein........some fluids.............and head to the next big accomplishment......fifty pounds!   Maybe in August/September ??

preonemonthstwomonths.jpg picture by Hassett169

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/09 11:27 am - Canada

I can certainly see a big difference in your photos!! Way to go gurl, you look fabulous. Keep up the great work.....

Cheers,

Citykitty
on 7/22/09 5:34 am - Sydney, Canada
Jane you can really see a difference in these photos for sure.  You're doing great.  Keep up the good work.

Carol

fancyfish
on 7/24/09 9:50 am - Halifax, Canada
Hi there,

So, you had your surgery in Mexico?  Can you tell me about this?  Sounds like you liked your doctor and would recommend him.  How long did it take to get in?  And, if you don't mind my asking, how much did it cost?  Where in Mexico did you go?  What was the hospital like?  Did you have to make multiple trips to Mexico, or just the one for the procedure?

It makes me really nervous to think about going out  of the country, but in Ont. I think I saw a price tag of about $16,000!  Yikes!

Anyway, if your Dr. has a website could you include it for me, I would like to take a look.

Thanks for all your info.

And your photos are amazing - the difference if very obvious!

Christa
Most Active