Got my surgery date

ravenjj1
on 6/9/09 11:07 am - Dartmouth, Canada
Well everybody, I have my surgery date, June 19.  I am going to see Dr. G. Alvarez.  Can't wait to meet him, I've heard so many good things.  I leave on the 17th as the flight will take over 11 hours with all the stops and changes.  Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers.

Jeni
CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 6/9/09 12:43 pm - Canada
Thats great Jeni- is someone travelling with you to help you out after surgery.

Safe travels - safe journey - with the travel time (omg 11 hrs - we go to Arizona usually once a year - its always such a long day )hopefully you can get in some long naps and be all rested up for surgery day! Although you will will probably be pretty excited and hard to settle!

I hope you have a speedy uneventful recovery!

So how long do you stay down -when are you scheduled to return home ?

What surgery are you having ?

hugs
deb

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

ravenjj1
on 6/9/09 10:51 pm - Dartmouth, Canada
 Hi Deb:

I am flying with my husband, so he'll be there with me the whole time.  Hopefully I'll be able to nap, but I doubt it.  We are staying for 5 days.  We had to fly in a day early because of scheduling conflicts but at least I'll be sleeping in a bed the night before instead of an airport.  I decided to have the VSG done.  Seems like the best choice for me, then I can avoid the worries of aftercare with the fills etc.  So we leave next Wednesday, yahoo!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement,
Jeni
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/09 3:52 am - Canada
Good luck Jeni...my surg date is the 24th of June so pretty close to yours....keep in touch!
ravenjj1
on 6/12/09 8:01 am - Dartmouth, Canada
 Good Luck to you too Liz.  As I've seen alot on this site, see you on the other side....

Jeni
jmer842
on 6/19/09 12:05 pm - Canada
Jenni and Liz all the best to you both, you will not be sorry, just too bad Jeni that you have to travel so far to have this done, but good luck with it. please stay in touch with us and update us as to how you are doing

Believe in yourself, good things will happen

Citykitty
on 7/22/09 5:52 am - Sydney, Canada
Hi Jeni,

I was just going back reading some older posts and I noticed yours.  I will be keeping an eye on your progress from now on.  I'm presurgery and I,too, am thinking of going to Dr. Alvarez.   I understand he is wonderful.  I'll catch up with you on your next post.

Citykitty
on 7/22/09 5:56 am - Sydney, Canada
Hi Jeni,

I was just going back to read some of the older posts and I caught this one.  I'll be keeping an eye out for your progress.  I'm presurgery and I,too, am thinking of going to Dr. Alvarez.  I understand he is wonderful.  I'll catch up with you on your next post.

Most Active