ok go to info session then what?????

imaybenuts
on 6/7/09 10:03 am - Canada
so i go to info session on july 8th.... for the sleeve........... then what comes next and next and next.............how long does it  usually take .... for each step..............i need some comfort for this...thanks

oneluckygirl
on 6/10/09 3:49 pm - Canada
Hi,
I attended an info session on Oct. 31/08, met with the nurse practionner and nutritionist in March/09, psychologist in May, Dr. Ellsmere in May and had my surgery on June 8/09 and am back at home.  The surgery went really well, I don't have any pain, just some tightness and now I'm working at getting in th liquids. If you follow their instructions to the letter, you'll have the surgery before you know it.  Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions you like.
Sandra
mlm105
on 6/10/09 10:39 pm - Mainland,NS, Canada
Hi OneLuckyGirl,

When did your family Dr. first submit your file to be considered for the VS? You said follow things to the letter before the surgery,whattypes of things are these?
What were each of the meetings for and what did they go over?
Do you have Dr.Ellesmeres contact info just so I can have it and confirm  with my Family Doctor that this is whom I am being sent to.....

Thank you,
Mel
imaybenuts
on 6/10/09 10:42 pm - Canada
hey thanks for the reply................. you have anny regrets....how are you feeling..... anything go wrong.............
Alegria
on 6/11/09 10:59 pm - Nova Scotia, Canada
It was pretty much the same for me as Sandra.  My family Dr sent reuqests to Diana Lawlor in June of 2008, I was invited to the October 31, 2008 info session here in Halifax.  Saw Diana (Nurse Practictioner) and Janet (Dietitian) March 27th, 2009  Saw Dr Klassen on May 20th, 2009, had my VSG on May 27th, 2009 and am now 2 weeks post-op, and believe I'm doing very well.

What they said in October was that the program was now fully up and running again afer having been stopped for a few years (financial and trained surgeons is what they said) and that their intention was to do 100 patients surgeries in a year.  Dr Klassen has told me that he is training another surgeon and that he has taken on extra surgery dates.

Keep the faith girls, you can do...

Nadine

5'10 ~ HW 333 / SW 319 / CW 223 / Goal 170

Most Active