Fill Doctor in Nova Scotia

sheelk
on 6/5/09 9:07 pm - SC
Hi:

Does anyone know of a doctor in Halifax, Nova Scotia or surroundings that will do lapband fills for a patient who had a lapband place in Mexico.

Please respond as soon as possible directly to
[email protected]

Many thanks for your help.
SH
ravenjj1
on 6/7/09 9:22 am - Dartmouth, Canada
 Hi SH:

I don't know a doctor here in NS, but check on the New Brunswick forum.  They seem to know more about the things available in our province.  I believe they were saying there is a nurse that does it in Pictou.   Maybe Dr Ellesmere in Halifax could do it too, check with the forum and with your doctor they should have the contact info.  I hope this helps.

Jeni
Kitty_mom
on 6/7/09 9:28 am - New Maryland, Canada
There was a nurse in NS that was doing fills, you may be able find her name on the Yahoo group- Maritme Bariatric . The NB docs will not touch anyone but there own patients.

csauer
on 6/8/09 3:05 am - Middle Sackville, Canada
my husband had his band done in Montreal, we are still going there for checkups/fills. They said a lap-band surgeon will soon be coming to Halifax, we'll see if it is true.
CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 6/8/09 3:31 am - Canada
Thanks girly for chiming in - I knew you would know whats up with NS fills -

thanks
deb

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

Dave348
on 6/8/09 11:42 pm - Canada
There is a doctor in Halifax he does fill for the SWLC frpm Ontario I don't know his name yet because I just had my surgery a week ago but they informed me that they had a doctor in Halifax.  Regards David Joy
Alegria
on 6/10/09 6:13 am - Nova Scotia, Canada
Hello everyone, I thought I would add this info for everyone to read. 

I know that Dr Robert Stalker, Dal Health Services, Halifax, does fills, he had the surgery over a year ago and is now able to provide this service in his office.  The main office line is 902-494-2171.

Hope this helps...
poohdybear
on 1/29/13 1:34 am - Westville, Canada

Hi there,I see this post was a very long time ago.I was wondering if you still do "fills" or know of some one even closer to the Pictou County area who does? Thank you.

paramedic
on 1/30/13 9:07 am - Coldbrook, Canada

Hi There. Yes I still do fills. You can call me if you would like to 678-2533. The worst part of all of that there are only a couple of people who do fills. Give me a call and we can chat See ya Laurie

paramedic
on 6/10/09 9:23 am - Coldbrook, Canada
 Hi There

I do fills for the lap band. I live in the Annapolis Valley.   I have done fill for a Pt who had her band done in Mexico. FYI most docs in NS are uneducated to the band and will not touch them because of liability issues. I have the needle required and would love to talk to you. Call me at home Laurie 902-678-2533

laurie
Most Active