True Confessions of a Loser (not)

beaverblue
on 6/2/09 8:34 am - Canada
I am not a loser but I am a loser. I only lasted 2 days on liquids and I caved. I felt faint and tired and cranky. How am I going to do this. Oh, I thought it would be easy!  What a joke that was. I have to lose 10lbs by July 21 or I am afraid to be "booted" from the program. Full of p*** and vinigar I was.  I have a true confession and I am a loser (not).

Sugarbear
CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 6/2/09 11:18 am - Canada
Ok Carmen deep deep breath...

You can do this now are you supposed to lose the 10lbs on the liquid diet or can you do a modified version - it will be different after surgery - you cant compare now to after - honestly your new stomach and appetite after surgery will make it a chore to get everything in- you will be recovering from major surgery and trying to heal - it will be different.

Maybe you can try working your way into the liquid diet - start by supplementing one meal a day for a shake then day by day or every couple days keep trading meals snacks for your liquids - maybe that way you wont be feeling like crap- your body will adjust to it much easier.

I started a month before surgery watching what I ate and starting working on my portion sizes and trying to basically diet ... yes there were days that I fell off the wagon but I knew it was important to do it - when my surgery got bumped up - I had to only do a week of Optifast thank god cause I will be honest I was really sick on it - I was weak and spent all the time in the bathroom with the runs.... I knew that I had to watch getting dehydrated so I added in electrolyte stuff - I managed.

I lost about 12 lbs before the liquid fast and that week I lost 7lbs so I had done my part.

You can do this - I know you can - you are not a loser! well not yet! lol

hugs girly hang in there
deb

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

beaverblue
on 6/2/09 12:04 pm - Canada
Thanks, Deb, you are alwasy so sweet and supportive. I tried just liquids, like High Protien Meal Replacement shakes, soups, yogurt.  I don't know, I guess I am a wuss or something. I am going to try again for sure. I have to do this and I am terrified that if I don't/can't that I will be bumped for surgery.  I was all gung-ho at first and prepared then I just flaked and deflated. Sometime it is just so overwhelming.  Dieting never worked for me before so how can it work now?  Ok, ok, I will try to stay positive and work this one day at a time. Thanks for the encouragment.

Cheers, Carmen
smt2345
on 6/3/09 10:39 am - Canada
Hi Carmen. I made it five days and then fell off the wagon. I am now sticking to my Simply for LIfe plan, and I hope that is enough. I need to lose 15 pounds, as I have gained some back. Yikes!
Weight lost since surgery (Oct. 1, 2009): 47 lbs
beaverblue
on 6/7/09 11:21 am - Canada
What is the "Simply for Life" plan?

Cheers, Carmen

jmer842
on 6/19/09 12:17 pm - Canada

now now, you both can do this.

if you go to the sheet the clinic gives you, it is more than just shakes. 

morning you have 1 c skim milk
oatmeal pack use the skim milk to this can use a sweetner or buy the high protien weight control it is already sweet
1 c unsweetened orange juice

snack is a low fat yogart

noon meal is pureed soup
boost

mid day is apple sauce

supper is smoothie
soup

evening is milk or yogart

so believe me, you are full, but yes the first 2 days is rough, just remember your goals. 

you can modify it, but do this after the 7 days. 

after surgery, the diet changes, but you will not have the hunger, just 7 days ladies, you can do it.

Jackie

Believe in yourself, good things will happen

Most Active