Made my choice...any advice on ways to prepare?

ravenjj1
on 5/31/09 11:08 am - Dartmouth, Canada
 Well, I've been doing lots of research...I think I have been going over everything in my sleep.  
I am going with the VSG.  I'm going in to see my family doc just to clear a few questions/concerns up. My hubbie is being very supportive, which reassures me too.  So know I have to prepare for the trip and preop stuff.  Any suggestions?  I'm going to put all my measurements etc. online before I go/start so I can see the difference.   Wish me luck...I'll post my date as soon as I know.

Jeni

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/09 9:33 am - Canada

Hi

Are you leaving the country to have your sleeve done?

Cheers,

Liz

ravenjj1
on 6/1/09 9:47 am - Dartmouth, Canada
 Hey Liz:

Yeah, I'm going to go to the Mexican border.  I checked out Dr. Guillermo Alvarez and chatted with a few people, checked his website out and talked to my family doctor.  So all that's left to do is fill out a medical history and book my date.  I've been on a waiting list here in Nova Scotia for awhile, but I've been obese for a long time.  I'm tired of waiting.  And want to avoid any future health issues due to the weight.  So far I've been lucky not to have diabetes but it is in my family and the extra weight doesn't help.  I also have fibromyalgia and the extra pounds make that even harder to deal with.  If you want to, tell me about yourself.

Jeni
CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 6/1/09 1:13 pm - Canada
Jeni

Good luck with everything I am sure you wont regret your decision WLS has saved my life in more ways than one - I was self pay too - we are worth it!

keep us posted
hugs
deb

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

Most Active