Home again, home again

beaverblue
on 5/16/09 3:04 am - Canada
Well although I have been snooping on the site, I haven't had much time to contribute anything. I have been in the Hospital again with my lungs. I need to get this problem solved before my surgery. Three hospital stays since January. The dr's are thinking it is our kitten. I have had asthma for 34 years and never had a cat for that reason. During a moment of insanity in July we got a kitten. I started to get sick in October and all heck broke loose in January. Back to trying to get healthy before my July 21 appointment at the WLC in Halifax. Kitten has moved out to the porch with the dogs.  I am sending best wishes to all those who have gotten their calls or who have had weight loss success in the past week. I am praying for you all and your continued successess. Keep on posting. Cheers, Carmen aka Sugarbear.
Kim_1970
on 5/18/09 8:00 am - dartmouth, Canada
congrats on getting your appointment.I also hopee you get better soon
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/09 2:20 am
VSG on 04/06/09 with
Hey there Carmen,

it is TOTALLY the cat.

My daughter, has asthma.........it all but went away, we got a cat as a "trial"

Within 2 months she has symptoms, and shortly thereafter she was getting ill regularly.

So we gave the cat to someone at work, and did a super clean of the house, the furnace filters, her bedroom, pillows....the works.  We had to make sure she was out of the house for 24 hrs when we did it.

She started to get well, and has not had any issues since.  Unless she visits someone with a cat, and then she has to take a clariton and get out as quickly as she can.

Good Luck with the porch thing, but as long as the kitty and it's dander is around....you will likely be symptomatic.

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/09 2:21 am
VSG on 04/06/09 with
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/09 2:26 am
VSG on 04/06/09 with
jubenilee
on 6/1/09 2:29 am - Lower Sackville, Canada

Hi. I am new to this list and also live in the Halifax area. I certainly hope you are able to clear up your allergy problem.  I also have a question that I'm hoping you can answer.  Who do you see or where do you go to get your name on the waiting list; my doctor does not approve of this surgery so I'd like to know where to go next and any advice you could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Most Active