Question for Halifax patients who've had VSG

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/09 12:36 am - Canada

Hi Kim

Pls feel free to add me to your friends list and email me anytime!

Cheers,

SHERRYROBCA
on 5/23/09 10:25 am - Canada
Hi Ladies,

I had my VSG surgery on April 15/09.   My first consult with Diana and Janet was Jan.20/09, I met with Dr. Ellsmere on Feb.10/09 (He asked me how much weight I had lost). I got a letter that I was scheduled for surgery on the 31st of March.  Post Op was a week before that.

A tPost Op I was told that surgery had been postponed until April 8th.  On the 8th I sat in Pre Op for 6 hours and was told that surgery was cancelled.  Disappointment does not begin to describe my feelings.  I live 4 hours from Halifax.  That was a Wednesday and on Friday I got a call that I was resceduled for the 15th.

I was on a liquid diet most of that time in anticipation of surgery. 

Since surgery I've lost 31 lbs and 3 inches on my waist.  I just (last Tuesday) had my first follow up appointment and it went really well.

I'm thrilled that I have been so blessed to have been able to have this surgery, and I'm sure you will too.

They are a wonderfully fantastic team.... although Dr. Ellsmere doesn't talk much :)

mlm105
on 5/27/09 10:00 am - Mainland,NS, Canada
Hi All,

I am new here. Beaverblueeyes said she was fron NS and was asking me if I knew that 2 doctors in Halifax were doing WLS.All I heard of was Dr.Savoie in bathurst whom my doctor is sendinga referral too.
What types of WLS are  the doctors in Halifax doing?I am new to all of this and would like your advice and imput....

Why di dyou choose he surgey  you did ?Pros and Cons? Was your surgery paid  for by MSI?

Also when  you starte din this journey and wante dto get a consult  did you know ahead of type what type of surgery you need and then sought a surgeon to be referred to or di d you get a referral and  see what the doctor recommended ?How many  drs did you see for a referral?

Some info on me is i am 27 years old.I weigh 236  pounds my BMI is 40.

Thank you.
Most Active