Question for Halifax patients who've had VSG

smt2345
on 5/10/09 11:22 am - Canada
How long did you have to wait for surgery after you had your consultation? My consult is July 7th.
Weight lost since surgery (Oct. 1, 2009): 47 lbs
novascotiadawn
on 5/11/09 12:16 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It was a month for me.

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/09 8:23 am - Canada

Hi Suzanne,

Have you seen the NP and dietician yet? You see them first, then 1-2 months later for the surgeon. I saw the NP in April and havent been booked for an surgery consult yet. Painfully slow process eh?

Good luck!

smt2345
on 5/13/09 9:21 am - Canada
I see Diana on July 7th. When you saw her, did she give you an idea of how long it would be? 
(deactivated member)
on 5/13/09 11:56 am - Canada

I saw her in early Apr and they told me the surgery could "potentially" be summer.

beaverblue
on 5/16/09 2:59 am - Canada
We are getting excited, aren't we.....  sometime when I think about it and maybe this time next year. I just grin and grin and wonder, and speculate and imagine. Are you the same?    My appt is July 21 and I just keep thinking the surgery might be in September. I hope it is not in the dead of winter because I live so far away.  Plus exercising/walking will be tricky.  Prayers please....Suzanne, because you go first, you know you will be bombarded by questions from me. so please be prepared   I feel like I am standing at the bottom of the Roller Coaster entrance waiting to board.  The excitement is overwhelming.  Chow, Carmen
smt2345
on 5/16/09 12:43 pm - Canada
I don't mind you bombarding me with questions. I'll let you know how it goes each step of the way. I am very excited....I am going to do the liquid diet thing this week. On our 'homework' sheet it said to look at the 1200 calorie controlled diet document. I couldn't find it in any of the info I have gotten, so Diana emailed it to me. I'll send it to you if you pm me your email address. It's boost/ensure/carnation instant breakfast plus snacks and a no-carb supper. I have warned my hubbie that I'll be cranky, but I'm hoping to get a good weight loss doing it. We'll see how it goes! 
beaverblue
on 5/16/09 1:21 pm - Canada
[email protected]   I appreciate any/all information. I did print off Stage 5 but I didn't see anything regarding liquids. Maybe your information will be more thorough. Thanks again. I am doing my liquids week after next as I have to go away this friday on conference and the food will not be controlled. Good luck and keep me posted with possible challanges. This is just going to be such a wild ride....
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/09 7:59 am - Canada

Hey ladies,

I am told i will be seeing a surgeon in June so guess i will be the guinea pig here......i will be more than happy to help you both!

Carmen,

when you go to your consult with Diana and Janet they will give you a specific diet plan for you pre-op fasting, they are both very helpful and design a plan specifically for each patient to work on before your surg.

If you have any questions pleas ask away!!

Cheers,

Kim_1970
on 5/18/09 10:19 pm - dartmouth, Canada
hi I am going to see dianna on june 16th but I am doing liquids now anything that made it esaier for you it would be great to know thanks
Most Active