One Month Pics.....down 30 lbs...YAY

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/09 1:02 pm
VSG on 04/06/09 with
This time last month, I was waiting for the good Dr to come and get me for my VSG surgery.

Happy Juice was injected into my IV.....and off I went (so they tell me, I don't recall...lol)
Well.........since that jolt of happy juice, I have been pretty much happy since!

I am down 30 lbs in one month...............I have lost 17.25 inches in one month.

I have gotten rid of 2 sizes of clothes....out the door.....won't need ya.....cya later.....not gonna be that big again!

Last night my daughter and I went shopping in my closet.....brought out some dresses and jeans that I have not worn in years but saved "in case"

Well "in case" is here............and for only a short time.  I am shooting for 10 lb loss for the month of May.

I am getting in all my vitamins, my protein, and all my fluids.  So I will step it up some to make sure things keep going down.

I keep my carbs as close to 20 as I can and never go over 30.  I am keeping my fats low as well, and still am getting in 600-825 cals/day.

I am allowed to eat whatever I want.....so no more post-op eating plan for me.  I am still supplementing with one protein bullet, or one Atkins Advantage Shake and Whey protein fruit splash drink a day.  To ensure I get all  protein that I should in.

I can now eat a whole scrambled egg for breakfast.  YAY  I then eat protein for lunch and again for supper.  Not much room for anything else at this stage.

I ordered some Celebrate Vitamins, so I can cut down on my pills, and still get what I need.

I am on that GD treadmill.....3-4 times a week, and walk at least 2 other days.  My daughter and I are looking at some Zumba classes....that should be fun.....or death defying.  (get back to you on that one)  lol

I have not been sick once, had pain once or have had any other problems.  I followed the rules to a T..........and it all worked out for me.

I was positive going into surgery and positive after.  I believe that attitude has carried me well thus far.

Tonight my partner and kids are taking me out for a nice dinner, and I am having fish.  I checked online for the menu, and I am going to go and sit, and be social and enjoy my family in a nice setting and be thankful that I am going to be around many more years to do that.  Because I am going to be healthy, happy and because of this tool, armed with proper eating mechanisms.  I will just take the rest home and eat it for the next few days.

I don't want to not be able to enjoy social gatherings that surround food.  That is why I chose the sleeve, so I would have something in place to stop me from over eating and force me to make good choices. 

I have included a new avatar..........my face -30 lbs....taken with my web cam.

I will get some one month pictures taken later tonight and post them later to my profile...for comparison.

Thank you to the Dr Alvarez team. 

Thank you to all of you who have helped me get a really good start at this.  And thanks in advance for making sure I stick to it....to all of you!

Month number two..........BRING IT THE HELL ON !! 

025.jpg picture by Hassett169
Before

007.jpg picture by Hassett169
After

and a few more afters!
001.jpg picture by Hassett169

008.jpg picture by Hassett169

009.jpg picture by Hassett169

There ya go....me one month out....30 lbs lighter and 17.5 inches smaller
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/09 11:09 pm
You are doing amazing!!! I love the part you wrote about attitude!! How true! Many blessings to you!
(deactivated member)
on 5/7/09 8:41 am - Canada

Good job Jane! Glad it is going well for you. Hope i am as lucky as you and do that well.....

Cheers,

Citykitty
on 5/11/09 2:14 am - Sydney, Canada
Congratulations Jane.  You are doing great.  What a great example you are setting for those of us coming up behind you.  Keep up the good work .  I'll be rooting for you.

Citykitty

jubenilee
on 6/1/09 2:43 am - Lower Sackville, Canada
Hi. Thanks for posting this wonderful message and congratulations! I was just wondering if you had the surgery here in Halifax or if you went elsewhere.

Take care and I look forward to seeing more of your incredible results.
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/09 2:44 am
VSG on 04/06/09 with
No I self paid and went to Dr Alvarez in Mexico.

Best decision I ever made.  Waiting 7 long years here just made me mad at my health care system.

I am beyond happy that I did it !!
jmer842
on 6/19/09 12:26 pm - Canada
One great and positive message, this is so nice to see, and I am very happy for you, keep it real and keep it positive, live life and make it about you and your family not the food.  great job lady and you look fantastic

Jackie

Believe in yourself, good things will happen

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/09 2:45 am
VSG on 04/06/09 with
Thanks Jackie

How are things a little further east ?
Most Active