Balla
on 4/21/09 10:58 pm - Halifax, Canada
I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone!
I am currently considering wls and just last night my consult request was sent off by my family physican.
I am very excited! I did countless hours of research and feel that the sleeve will be best for me but I will wait and see how the surgens feel regarding that I guess.
The main thing that is bothering me is I notice from what everyone is saying that it is years to wait for a surgery here in Halifax. That is very discouraging. I now have my mind set so as long as a surgen agrees that it is in my best intrest then I guess I will have to look into Toronto and MOntreal too.
If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to leave the country but I def do not want to wait years.
I also want to say congrats to those who have done the procedure! I have taken a look through most of your profiles and think that you are all wonderful people and deserve to feel great and be healthy again.
I checked out a book called ten things I wish I knew before my wls and one thing that sticks out in my mind is "No one understand you , how you feel" I have felt this way for a while but after reading this board, I feel that you guys are the ones who are going to come closest then anyone ever has at understanding me!
Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 4/22/09 7:13 am - Canada

Welcome Balla,

data not applicable 

I am pre op but if you have any questions i can anwser i would be happy to help you. Feel free to add me to your friends list and email me anytime!

We can take this journey together....

Cheers,

CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 4/22/09 12:08 pm - Canada
Balla

Welcome you have found a really great support system in OH. This site has a wealth of information and some really cool people who are at all stages of the WLS journey.

Be sure to chk out the NB board as there is a lot of activity there as well and also chk into the surgical forum under the Vertical Sleeve.

Yes it is a long wait - when I began my journey over two years ago doing the research I knew that I was not going to be able to wait the 5-7 year list - I had to many co-morbidities and wanted to be healthy and knew the time had come - I had made my decision and I ended up self paying.

I had my RNY on June 10/08 so I am coming up on one year - I have now reached my surgeons goal but I would like to lose a lil more before looking at some nipping and tucking of the xtra skin.

When I was doing my research for surgeone -I posted on the Ontario board and the Quebec board to get names of surgeons in Canada that I could consult. I like you would prefer to stay in Canada but did research all options.

Here is the website for the surgeon I went with , in case you would like to chk it out - I am not sure if he is doing the sleeve- but he has a lot of useful info on WLS and is one of Canada's top Bariatric surgeons-
www.weightlosssurgery.ca

This article was sent out last week-
http://www.weightlosssurgery.ca/ignitionweb/data/rte/File/me dical_post_Obesity.pdf

You can contact me with any questions you might have - add me to your friends list and PM me and I will send you my email.

Welcome and nice to meet you

deb

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

debbietlc
on 4/24/09 12:19 am - Glace Bay, Canada
Hi Balla,

Welcome to the NS OH board. You can find out alot of information from this site for sure. This is where I started over 2 yrs ago and it sure helped with my research and choice of WLS. I chose to do the Gastric Bypass which was performed by Dr. Beausoleil in NB over a month ago. (St. Patrick's Day).  Yes, there is a long wait for WLS and I waited 2 yrs before getting my call but once you get in it goes fast from there on.  Like Deb said the NB forum is very active and you can find alot of answers to your questions I'm sure.

Good luck with everything and do alot of research as I'm sure you already did. Welcome aboard the WLS journey. :)

Debb from the Cape

blackopal
on 5/23/09 6:59 pm - toronto, Canada
hello
Balla
on 6/4/09 9:52 am - Halifax, Canada
Thanks so much for all the information everyone! Its been very helpful. Between that last post and now I have done tons and tons of research, choosen to have lapband done, had my over the phone consult, pd my downpayment & recieved my date of June 26th :) Soo excited. I do have to wait until tomorrow to see if my credit was approved until I do my happy dance but I am still excited!

I will be traveling to Toronto for the surgery. I start my two week pre op diet plan on the 11th and I go from there. I originally wanted to wait until after summer as to not put a damper on any travel/vaca plans I had but my mom pointed out to me that if I wanted it that bad why wait  and she is right now I hope that some of my summer plans will include a slimmer me :)

I look forward to continueing getting to know you all and hearing your stories!

Lots of love, Balla
Most Active