HELP!!!...anyone else have nausea and no appetite???

Katie56
on 4/20/09 10:56 am - BRIDGEWATER, Canada
Hi Jane...

My Doc gave me a prescription for Novo-Ondansetron for the nausea (it is given to patients undergoing chemo) and Ranitidine to absorb some of the acids in the bottom of my stomach...he also checked my stomach and found a tender spot just beneath my sternum.

I have an appointment to talk to the psychologist at the clinic tomorrow at 11am...I'm looking forward to that as I know that some of the issues are probably caused from afraid to eat...it should be interesting to hear what he says.

I also spoke with Diana Lawlor at the clinic today and she said just 5 weeks ago I was at one end of the spectrum loving food and then suddenly woke up the next day and am at the other end, and like an anorexic, I just hate the thought of food...I wasn't expecting such a drastic change, I guess.

If I can only get to the other side, Jane, and just be rid of this nausea and can at least tolerate food.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to me rant...I appreciate it...God bless your kind heart,
Kathie
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/09 11:13 am
VSG on 04/06/09 with
YAY Kathie,

I am so pleased to hear you are doing so well.

It was kind of you to let me know.

Thanks.....keep me posted on your improvement.

Jane
Katie56
on 4/20/09 11:07 am - BRIDGEWATER, Canada
I forgot to mention that my nausea seems a bit better tonight    ...I'll let you know how the next day or two goes...Kath
CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 4/20/09 10:50 am - Canada
Hi Kathie

I do hope you are doing better since your visit with your PCP and he/she was able to give you something for your nausea.

I sent an email out today to those that were on my list of having VSG - I posted your question and hopefully you will have a few suggestions and some feedback.

Hope you are feeling better soon, email me anytime- if there is anything I can do to help I will.

hugs
deb

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

Katie56
on 4/20/09 11:03 am - BRIDGEWATER, Canada
My Doc gave me a prescription for Novo-Ondansetron for the nausea (it is given to patients undergoing chemo) and Ranitidine to absorb some of the acids in the bottom of my stomach...he also checked my stomach and found a tender spot just beneath my sternum...my nausea is a bit better tonight...I'll let you know how it goes the next day or two.

I have an appointment to talk to the psychologist at the clinic tomorrow at 11am...I'm looking forward to that as I know that some of the issues are probably caused from afraid to eat...it should be interesting to hear what he says.

I also spoke with Diana Lawlor at the clinic today and she said just 5 weeks ago I was at one end of the spectrum loving food and then suddenly woke up the next day and am at the other end, and like an anorexic, I just hate the thought of food...I wasn't expecting such a drastic change, I guess.

If I can only get to the other side, Deb, and just be rid of this nausea and can at least tolerate food.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to me rant...I appreciate it...God bless your kind heart,
Kathie
CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 4/20/09 2:45 pm - Canada
Now problem hon so glad you have people to vent too!

So glad you got some anti nausea meds it will help a lot- it made it bearable to try to put the food in my mouth. I also took prevacid for the first 4 -5 months to deal with the acid.

I really was where you were at and was so sick I was refusing to eat because I was tired of puking - thank god my hubby prepared everything and when I would say no way to something he would come up with something else- you will get to the other side sweety it just might take some time.It really helps at this stage if someone else can prepare food/protein drinks for you so you dont get so distraught from the smells - textures etc - before you even put any in your mouth.

Jus****ch out for dehydration it can sneak up on you so quickly and causes horrible nausea.

I am glad they could at least get you into Dr Vallis to talk about your feelings and he will have some suggestions I am sure.

take care - keep us posted when you can

hugs
deb

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

Most Active