Sleeve on Monday

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/09 7:21 am
VSG on 04/06/09 with
I am getting sleeved on Monday in Mexico.

I could not wait the time to be healthy to have it done here at home.

I am making arrangements for follow up care here at home, and that so far seems not to be an issue.

Funny, since I have started looking into this, a longgggggggggggg time ago......I can't believe my time is here so soon.

Curiously......another woman from Halifax is going and we will be done the same day.  As well, there are quite a few others from NS, that have been done, or will be done in the near future because they are able to or have the means to be done somewhere else.  The numbers are way higher than they need to be.

I am so mad at my Health Care System, that they do not find us important enough to provide WLS to  us, and even madder that they close their eyes to the growing need for WLS as a healthy life plan.  I am royally pissed off, that while other provinces will pay for people to leave their province for WLS ours does not.

That being said, I emailed the physician office to inform them to remove me from the list, so that someone else hopefully will be moved up.

Best of Luck to you all.............as we all weave our way on our goal to be healthy and happy with our bodies and quality of life.

Cheers...Jane
CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 4/3/09 2:09 am - Canada
Jane

I am so excited for you that is such great news - what clinic in Mexico- where at in Mexic0 ?

As I have mentioned before I was also disgusted with the system and could not wait for the list to work its way thru - I had to take action for my health and found a way to self pay- I went with Dr Christou in Montreal.

I am so glad you have found another lady to travel with and be surgery sistas that is awesome is anyone else going with the two of you to help you out - how long will you be there ?

Your pic looks new and you look amazing !

I am so happy for you - you took charge and will never regreat your decision to become healthy -

I am hoping to find a surgery sista for plastics I am 30 lbs from goal and need some major nipping and tucking- I have talked to a lot of gals from the states who go to mexico and other locations for some of there plastics procedures...if you hear anything about a great plastics location please let me know.

Keep in touch and keep us posted!

Hope to meet you soon and I will be saving a spot for ya on the bench!!

hugs
deb

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

jmer842
on 4/3/09 2:56 am - Canada
All the best to you Jane, please let me know how you make out, what is your schedule return?

I will say a prayer for you. 

I have heard about this clinic,he is a great doctor in any research I have done.  Please update when you return.

jackie

Believe in yourself, good things will happen

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/09 3:22 am, edited 4/3/09 3:22 am
VSG on 04/06/09 with
leave tomorrow Saturday....(flight was cheaper) Could have left Sunday.
Hospital on Monday, Tues, Wed.
Discharge Wed late day,
check up Thursday am.......Home Thursday late pm.

Cya on the skinny side!

jane
Katie56
on 4/3/09 3:38 am - BRIDGEWATER, Canada
Hi Jane...

You must be sooo excited...at last your journey begins...I had my VSG on 18 March and am doing very well now...just a word of advice that you probably won't have any appetite after the surgery for awhile...PLEASE make sure you get the required protein and liquids...I had a problem with my intake at first and have to force myself to get it in...please feel free to contact me at any time if I can possibly help you with anything.

Good luck and God speed,
Kathie
CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 4/11/09 12:32 am - Canada
Hey Jane

I am thinking about ya and hoping everything went well and you are now back in NS and settled and doing well .

Update us when you can!

Welcome to the bench girly - nice to see ya here!

hugs
deb

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/09 1:00 pm
VSG on 04/06/09 with
I am doing amazingly well.

I keep updating my blog on my profile.

It is just too much to type over and over.

Life is good.

Tomorrow is weigh and measure day.  I am headed to bed now to think skinny thoughts....HA HA

Jane
Citykitty
on 4/17/09 10:20 am - Sydney, Canada
Hey Jane,

Congratulations on taking the big step!  Sounds like you got fed up waiting here at home.  I'm curious.  I tried to get a referral out of province too and was recently turned down.  I'm just waiting now for a referral to Halifax.  How long did they tell you the wait time was??  I'll have to go read your blog to see more details about your surgery.   Best of luck.  I'll be praying for you.

Smalltowngirl
Most Active