I start my 2 week pre-op liquid diet Tuesday!!

debbietlc
on 2/28/09 9:15 pm - Glace Bay, Canada
I'm really not looking forward to these 2 weeks ahead of me. To be honest it feels like today and Monday are my last days to enjoy what I so loved to do for about 30 yrs (eat what I enjoy to much of). I'm sure I'll do it, as you all have done b4 me. My last appt before surgery is March 9th.  Surgery date for RNY March 17th. :) :)   
smt2345
on 3/1/09 12:26 am - Canada
Congratulations, Debbie. I'm sure you'll do fine. Just keep your eye on the prize - a seat on the Loser's Bench. Good luck! 
Weight lost since surgery (Oct. 1, 2009): 47 lbs
maggie L.
on 3/2/09 5:55 am - Willio Grove, Canada
Hi Debbie, everyone here will say don't do the goodbye food before your 2 week liquid diet but I will say if there is something that you love , go eat it . Don't gorge yourself but take the time to enjoy your favorite food. I am almost 3 weeks post RNY and I have lost so many ,many foods, you would not believe. Hopefully in time I will get some of them back but it's a guessing game. I may never get them back. I want them and I crave them but my taste buds have changed so much, they taste horrid. I am haveing a heck of a time just trying to find something that i can drink and I'd be happy finding something i can tolerate. Finding something I can enjoy right now is a pipe dream. I know you will do fine with the liquid diet. It's just another hoop to jump through. At our stage in life jumping through hoops is just a part of life.
December  2007 / 293 pounds (higest weight)
Day of surgery  Feb 12 /09 / 251 pounds
Current  weight /  206  pounds
First  Goal 199  (onederland)
Second  Goal / 180  (I'd be happy here if I never lost another pound)
Final  Goal / 140  (final goal, more of a wish)

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE. NOBODY'S GETTING OUT ALIVE 
jmer842
on 3/4/09 1:59 am - Canada
good luck Debbie, it is truly not as hard as it seems, I have my list of what I followed on a time scheduel if you need it, just buzz me.  I am back from halifax and on regular soft foods, nice to feel. I have come down 27 now from the date of surgery, and from the date of liquid diet I am down 47, will be all worth it girl, enjoy, do not say good bye to the old foods, just walk away do not look back, this is a life time commitment you are making to yourself, your past life and eating habbits that put you in this position are going to have to get over it.  You are now taking a journey for you and nobody else.  I had my little 2 oz of scallops and 2 oz of spinach and 2 saltines crackers for lunch, it feels like a steak dinner, I am not sorry I did it, bu there were days when on the liquid that I had my doubts, I went for a walk each frustrating time I had, and I will see you not only on the "loosers bench" but at the bayplex or round town for a walk.  If you need anything you have my number.  All the best.

Believe in yourself, good things will happen

Katie56
on 3/30/09 8:39 am - BRIDGEWATER, Canada
I just read your post and your comments on the liquid diet and how hard it is...I am 2 weeks post op and am struggling immensely with it...I don't have an appetite at all so nothing sounds good...can only dream of a scrambled egg at this point.
jmer842
on 3/30/09 9:35 pm - Canada

Sorry I did not reply earlier, I was away, but I am glad your surgery went well...I do not think I will every use or buy cream soups etc for lunches or at least not for many years to come, it is a true struggle, especially with head hunger, but believe it or not, things will get better.  I did enjoy my transition to real food, but I stalled out on my weight loss, i think i am at what is called a plateau, but not a good time for this to happen, I am just starting real food, and the Canada's food guide, I follow it to a T, I am eating only 600 cal a day, but no loss.  I exercise, but not as I should, but even with this, I should lose...then...TODAY down 2 lbs after almost 2 weeks of not losing, I am too happy to see this again.

You have yourself a great day and believe me, time passes easy enough, on the stage 4, I got hooked on low fat chilli, it was my best friend lol.

Have a great day

Jackie

Katie56
on 3/31/09 4:38 am - BRIDGEWATER, Canada
Thanks, Jackie, for your encouraging words...I think this liquid stuff is one of the most difficult things I have ever done.

If I can just get the next two weeks gne and then I can have a scrambled egg...yahoo!!!...lol.

I'm glad you are over the plateau...was that the first one?...I wonder how often they happen?

You are doing sooo well...you must be feeling so much better, right?

Take care,
Kathie
marco G.
on 9/13/09 3:15 am - austin, tx

Hello,
 I am starting my 2 week pre diet tomorrow,  if you get this in time, would you please send me the list of foods you had for your pre-op diet ?  I am looking for suggestions or ideas to get through this,

Thank you!

csauer
on 3/17/09 8:06 pm - Middle Sackville, Canada
Hi, Debbie,
by now you surgery is over and I hope you are recovering well. You are starting a nwew life and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do (I am 3 years out now and have lost 150 lbs). It is a big change but worth it! The first few weeks after surgery are the hardest. Just go one day at a time.
Christine
jmer842
on 3/30/09 10:27 pm - Canada
DEBBBBBIIIIIEEEEE how goes the battle, no word from you, hope all is good with you

Most Active