surgery this week

KimG1
on 2/7/09 4:26 am - Sydney, Canada

Hi everyone,

Im new at this,

I went to the October 31st info session, then I went to meet the team on January 13th and met with Dr. Ellesmere on February 5th and now Im going  to surgery February 11th... Anyone  know of a good protein shake or ideas, I cant find one I like

Kim

beaverblue
on 2/7/09 10:29 pm - Canada
Hi Kim, I am from Sydney too. But, I have lived near Antigonish for nearly 25 years. My both sisters live in Sydney though. I was scheduled to be at the Oct 31 session but my sister in Ontario was very sick and I had to be with her. (she has since passed away) So I contacted Dianna Lawlor and she scheduled me for the info. session on Feb 17. I am just so excited. I am so looking forward to a new,healthy, life. I have lived my whole life having a weight problem. It would be wonderful to wake up just once and not think about what I cannot or must not eat today. I am so happy that you are on the way to a healthy new life. Next weel I will be thinking about you and praying that you get along well. I cannot wait to meet the team and maybe someday catch up with you. Us sleevers have to stick together and help one another through this. We are in an exclusive club that most people don't understand so we need on another. I am very selective who I am telling. I haven't even told my sisters yet or my son. Anyway, if you go to the NB forum, it is much busier that the NS forum and I know someone will answer your questions. That is where I mostly hang out. They are fantastic in sticking together and supporting eachother. Chow girl, I will be with you in spirit on the 11th. Regards, Sugarbear
beaverblue
on 2/7/09 10:31 pm - Canada
BTW, your profile must be marked "private" so we will not be able to communite with you unless you communitcate with us first. (unless you change it) Just a thought.
KimG1
on 2/10/09 3:43 am - Sydney, Canada
Thank you for the tip, I didnt realize no one couldnt communicate with me... Going in tomorrow... nervous and excited

Kim
jmer842
on 2/8/09 9:07 pm - Canada
Hey Kim

I am in Glace Bay, we have a fantastic little new health food store, the girl is so up on the sleeve surgery and what we need in protien.  She has 2 choices that are fantastic, the one I love and I will say LOVE is called Soy 1 protien, it has mix berry flavor.  give me a buzz on email [email protected] I am in the recoup stage now after being done on Feb 2nd. I will make arrangements if you want to get a taste of it to you, see if you like it, we are so near, not a problem.
Good luck
Jackie

Believe in yourself, good things will happen

KimG1
on 2/10/09 3:42 am - Sydney, Canada
Thanks for the offer, I will send my husband out to get some when we get back this weekend. can you send me in the info on that store?, I went to Charlene's nutrition the other day and what I bought was ewwww..lol. I am nervous for tomorrow morning... I hate pain... or knowing there is something down my throat.. Do you miss eating you favorite foods? Kim
jmer842
on 2/10/09 9:21 pm - Canada
sorry,missed the question on the favorite foods, yes you will miss the foods, they can fix the hunger in the belly, but you have to fight the hunger in the head.  I am never hungry, I have no attraction to food right now, however, my husband was eating wings the other night, and I could have beat him with one lol. so it was head hunger.

Believe in yourself, good things will happen

paramedic
on 2/10/09 12:25 am - Coldbrook, Canada
Hi Kim

I liked the Atkins shakes. They have a good flavor. I also used the protein powder shakes. I bought mine from GNC. I perfer the chocolate. I mix my shakes with a banana. Sometimes I put in coffee and it gives it a moca flavor. 
   Hubby is going for his first meeting on the 17th.  Fingers are crossed. I myself had the lapband for almost a year, and I am doing well.
  Good luck on your journey.
  Laurie
smt2345
on 2/10/09 5:36 am - Canada
I am going on the 17th as well. Having to decide between RNY in Moncton and VSG here. Today I am leaning toward VSG. Tomorrow, who knows.... Does anyone know where you can buy individual samples of protein drinks, besides on Bariatriceating.com? 
Weight lost since surgery (Oct. 1, 2009): 47 lbs
paramedic
on 2/10/09 6:45 am - Coldbrook, Canada

Hi Suzanne

Great, we may see you there. As for the protein drinks. GNC has pre-mixed protein drinks and you can buy them individually. Also there is the protein powder and you can mix your own. I do perfer the chocolate. You can add stuff to the drink to your own liking. Good luck See you next week. 
Most Active