sleeved and home

jmer849
on 2/5/09 9:57 pm - glace bay, Canada
Hi Everyone
I am home, was sleeved on Feb 2nd.  I feel quite healthy, sore, and tired, but feel great.
The team at the QE2 are wonderful.  The nurses deserve a medal for how wonderful they are to the patients, except the one who decided 3 min after surgery that my sheet was crumpled and should turn me over without pain meds to move me. She was a mean one, but the rest were great.  The assistants that Dr Ellesmere have are also learning the proceedure, so I have a feeling the clinc is growing at great speeds. they are wonderful too.  now having said this, I was full of questions.  They are currently doing 2 a week, but they are attempting for a cool 2 a day, now that is a goal.  So do not give up on Dr Ellesmere's clinic, put your name on the list.  Do what they ask of you and you will make the list.  
Off for a nap 
paramedic
on 2/6/09 7:08 am - Coldbrook, Canada
Hi There

Great news. Glad to hear all went well. My husband is booked to see the group on the 17th of Feb. I am wondering how long is the wait after your interview? Also how long did you stay in the hospital.?
  Speedy recovery Take care.
  Laurie
beaverblue
on 2/6/09 11:53 am - Canada
Hi Laurie, it is Sugarbear here. We chatted before on this site. I too have an appt. for the information session in Halifax in Feb 17.  I was referred in September and was supposed to be at the Oct 31 informaiton session but my sisters health was poorly and I had to be with her in London, Ont. So Dianna booked me for this session. I am anxious to know all the ins and outs of the VSG. I am glad someone posted who has just seen the team and had surgery.  She will be a great sourse of information for us waiters. I am hoping to get sleeved before summer. If you have any information in terms of a time line, could you kindly contact me. I would appreciate it for sure. Cheers, Sugarbear
CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 2/6/09 8:11 am - Canada
Jackie,

I am so excited for you - hooray welcome to the other side girly - been keepin the bench nice and warm for ya!!

Sip sip sip and try to take it easy - have you found a protein drink you can tolerate.........

Was the drive home rough ? Hope you didnt have any of the crappy weather to deal with.

I am so happy your surgery is done and you are now on to your new healthier life........

Take it easy
hugs
deb

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

jmer842
on 2/7/09 1:31 am - Canada
hi guys, well it was about a month after the meeting that i met with the team, they are a fun group.

the ride was rough but no problems...i have no food issues at all so far.  protien drinks are no prob at all

good luck at the next session guys

Believe in yourself, good things will happen

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/09 5:40 am
VSG on 04/06/09 with
Congrats.......YAY another member of the losers club

Me too.....someday.

I am trying to find out if I can get sleeved in Mexico in April.

we will see.

heal well.....and let the shrinking begin!!!

jane
beaverblue
on 2/8/09 10:23 am - Canada
Would you like for me to contact the WLClinic coordinator, Diana Lawlor, and ask her if I can invite you as a guest?  I am taking my husband,, but given the cir****tances with you, she might let me invite one more. If you would like to come, I will do that. Just email me and let me know. Regards, Sugarbear
SKELLYHALIFAX
on 2/19/09 6:25 am - Canada
Hi Jane...thanks for showing me this site.  I am still pretty nervous about my surgery on Thursday in Mexico.  I wish I did not have such a long flight home after :(

Shelly
beaverblue
on 2/7/09 10:19 pm - Canada

Oh my God, this is such great news. Thanks for taking the time to share with us given the fact that you are still in recouperting stages.  Your info is so helpful and hopeful. I was on Dr. MacDonalds list for 4 years. I have my info session in Hfx. on Feb 17 and I am so looking forward to it. You only waited a month after the info session?  That is remarkable. And the fact that the team are nice people, is great and so encouraging. Of course, being Maritimers, they would have to be nice, right.... Just think,I could be in your positio by March end. If you have any more info I could run with, of if you feel up to it, I would appreciate all the info you have.I am not from Metro but from a community near Antigonish. Very few people I know in my community have had WLS done. I only know of 2 and they were done years ago and not successful at all. Both have gained their weight back. So hearing encouraging news is like winning the lottery. Please take care of yourself and recouperate soon. Best Regards, Sugarbear

jmer842
on 2/8/09 9:38 am - Canada
Ok, Hasset, no Mexico, have patience and attend the seminar in Feb. contact the team and ask for an invite if you are not on the list, keep it to Canada, too much can go wrong outside the country.
Sugarbear, I will answer any questions at all, I am so not sorry I did this...I have to say however, I am a little concerned, I am not having any food rejections, not having much discomfort pain, not having problems swallowing, lol, I was wondering I am doing something wrong lol. kidding, I am a lucky woman, I am simply following the directions they gave me to the tee.  So far in one week 12 pounds down.  Water however, I forget, so have to make sure I do this every other hour, so every hour one is sipping on something, either food ( liquid) or water.  I have only one sore spot on my side, this was the deeper hole, and it too is not realy sore, I take only regular tylenol for pain relief.  I am walking round, today got up and did laundry 2 loads and went with my hubby to the grocery store and to visit my inlaws for an hour or so after, so if that is any indication of how quickly we heal, it amazes me.

I agree with small communities there is nothing, I was speaking to a lady here in my town she is going to NB to get done, and knows of 2 others in town that had it done, so I am going to speak to a local church and see if we can get a support group locally set up of a sort, however small, it is always nice to know big brother will help and watch and keep each other on track to ensure that weight gain is not there...all the best to you both.  Maybe sugar bear, you can invite hasset as a guest, they do welcome this, then the info can be achieved by you both.

Jackie

Believe in yourself, good things will happen

Most Active