Medical conditions & bipass surgery

Tabi
on 1/25/09 7:57 am - Kentville, Canada
Hi, all I'm still kinda new to this but I do have some questions for anyone, Ok I have a long list of medical condition most due to my weight but I have only heard of one doctor doing bipass surgery on someone that has CROHN"S dease and that was in the States. Has anyone that has crohn's deiase can still have the surgery. And what about thyroid problems I have just been told I have to have the right side thyroid removed im waiting for the call now. Thanks
jmer842
on 1/25/09 12:04 pm - Canada
I read your post, but even with chron's you may look into the Gastric Sleeve, there is no invasive cuts to the intestines at all.  BUT I recommend that you speak to your doctor first, then maybe contact the Bariatric centre at QE2 they would be the professionals to give that advise.  Good Luck

Believe in yourself, good things will happen

Tabi
on 1/25/09 1:47 pm - Kentville, Canada
oh great Thank you so very much. im still all new to this forum posting   :)
maggie L.
on 1/28/09 6:42 am - Willio Grove, Canada
Hi there, I can't see your thyroid being a problem but not sure about the crohns. You will need a referral from your family doctor. Good Luck 
csauer
on 1/31/09 7:57 pm, edited 1/31/09 7:58 pm - Middle Sackville, Canada
Hi, I just read the information about the gastric sleeve (VSG) on this website and they list Crohn's disease as a reason to do VSG instead of RNY because it does not involve a intestinal bypass. So the Halifax clinic would definitely the clinic to talk to for you because I have heard that they do this operation. There is a support group coming up in February-maybe you want to come? (See my post with the email)
Good luck!
Christine
Tabi
on 2/1/09 2:08 am - Kentville, Canada
Hi Christine, Thanks so much for the info. I finnaly got my doctor to put the refurall in now if he realy did it I don't know but I plan to call his office once a day untill they tell me it has been sent. Thanks again Tabi
Most Active