Anyone Interested

CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 1/2/09 8:53 am - Canada
Happy New Year Everyone.

I am 6 months post op and wondering are there any other OH members in the Halifax area or close wanting to get together for monthly meetings.

I had RNY done, I realize there are lots who have been to Dr B in NB for lapband and also that most who are going to the QE11 are having VSG done. So there is quite a variety- some DS'ers too!

I had my surgery done in Montreal and I am finally feeling better and I am doing pretty well.

I would really like to get together with others and share stories and swap ideas and be a cheering team for each other through this journey.

I spoke with Diana at the Halifax Weight loss clinic and she said she thought that there would soon be a support group from the 21 people that had WLS in 2008 !

Let me know if you are interested it would be great to see more activity on the NS Board.

Take Care,
Deb

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

beaverblue
on 1/2/09 11:37 pm - Canada
Hi, I live 2 hours east of Halifax and I am due for my information session in February. I enjoy the NB forum so I will likely continue to be on that site. The encouragement and support is fantastic. The NS forum is very inactive and I have to wonder where all the weight loss patients are. Glad you are doing so well. You seem so happy. I cannot wait to be in your shoes. Happy New Year and heres hoping it will be a successful one for us all. Cheers, Sugarbear

debbietlc
on 1/6/09 8:47 am - Glace Bay, Canada
Hi All NS'ers. I am from Cape Breton and I also read alot on the NB forum because it is so active. I seen Dr. B in NB on Dec 15th for the first time now waiting to see him again for my day long session (No appt yet). I am looking at having RNY and I have been looking for someone close by who had or is having this type of surgery so we can chat together. Dr. B said I should have my operation by March is his guess. :)  So close. So excited. So nervous. Any tips, thoughts ideas, etc would be greatly appreciated if you like to share with me.

Since they changed this site I am having trouble getting around. I don't know how to find other people in Canada who had the RNY but hopeing I find some  :) 

I wish you all the best.  You look great with your new pic by the way. Keep up the great work. :)

Debbie from the Cape  :)
jmer842
on 1/7/09 9:21 am - Canada
Hi there, I am in Cape Breton, Glace Bay, I have been to the information session in Oct and go on the 15th of Jan for my final consult before surgery with Dr Ellesmere, nervous but excited. I am told to expect to have it done end of Jan.
I would love to join a support group, but not sure if it would be so easy being so far away...it is nice to see you doing so well after 6 mos post op. and Debbie, I am happy tht you got your consult in NB. maybe if we both get done we can support each other being in the same town lol
csauer
on 1/9/09 9:51 pm - Middle Sackville, Canada
Hi, I had RNY in India in March 2006 and my husband had the lapband in Montreal in May 2007. We both would be interested in meeting more people in the Halifax area to talk and for support.
Christine and Mike
starrbright
on 1/15/09 5:41 am - Canada
Hi everyone,
I had GSV done in June of 2008 here in Halifax, and would love to meet with others who have been through WLS.
Cant wait to hear more details, message me if I can help at all.

Cheers,
Sherry

CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 1/27/09 11:42 pm, edited 1/31/09 1:12 am - Canada
Hi Everyone

I have pm'd most of you with an update on meetings. For February we are looking at Saturday Feb 21st in the afternoon- send me a message for details.

Thanks
Deb

Michelle4Tupperware
on 1/31/09 1:07 am - NB, Canada, Canada
Just in case anyone is a bit confused ... Sat Feb 21st ???

I will be at the Moncton WLS support meeting but perhaps in the warmer weather this summer I will travel to meet our NS sisters and brothers in weight loss success!

Will miss you at our meeting Deb but I think it is wonderful for you to arrange a local support group too!

M
Live, Love, Laugh - Life is short so enjoy today!
Michelle Clark  
Canadian Mom, Tupperware Manager and AVON Leader 

Angel to Charline (New Maryland) & Chrissy
CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 1/31/09 1:18 am - Canada
Thanks Michelle

I have edited the post to read Saturday Feb 21st...... I must have emailed people the correct date but posted it on here wrong.

Yes its about time something will start running regular around here - so we are hoping for a great turnout!

have a great weekend,
deb

Most Active