1st session in NB with Dr. Beausoleil. Whoo Hooo!!!

debbietlc
on 12/7/08 3:56 am - Glace Bay, Canada
Whooo Hoooo~!!!!!!!~ After waiting for so long I finally received my call to meet Dr. Beausoleil in NB for the first time. I am so excited to say the least. Any tips on what questions to ask as I'm considering RNY surgery? Is anyone else out there meeting with Dr. B on Dec 15th?  My appt. is for 3:30ish. Hope the snow stays away for a safe trip up and back.  :)  Debbie from the Cape...
CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 12/11/08 8:49 am - Canada
Hi Debbie

I am also Debbie - but from Halifax.

I had RNY on June 10/08 in Montreal with Dr. Nicholas Christou.

Unfortunately I had a lot of complications post op - not because of the surgeon just a lot of complications one on top of the other but I am finally starting to come back around.... I just had a 6 month chk up with my surgeon in Montreal earlier this week and everything is going well now basicaly.

I have lost almost 85lbs since surgery in June and just over 100 lbs since my heigh of 293 in March of last year. I am 5'3 and had a bmi of 52 - with a lot of co-morbidities

If you would like to contact me by email to ask anything about my decision to go with RNY vs other weight loss surgeries or if there is any other questions I might be able to answer now that I am 6 months post op- I would be happy to.

My email is [email protected]

Good luck with everything

Deb
smt2345
on 12/19/08 10:50 am - Canada
I also had my first meeting with Dr. Beausoleil on Monday, Dec. 15th. I am now waiting for a call about when my information session will be. I am excited but nervous, as I have been waiting here in Halifax since 2001! It is now a reality, and there is so much information to process. I look forward to chatting with you about the process. And maybe we'll be at the same session.
--Suzanne from Halifax
Jacqueline Mercer
on 12/22/08 12:03 am - Canada
Good for you guys, I had a meeting in Halifax with Dr. Ellesmere's team, They say I can cound on being done Jan sometime.  Nervous but excited at the same time.  Best of luck to you all that are going though the consults, and one post said a lot of complications, I would like to hear more about this.

My email is [email protected]
I am from Glace Bay
Most Active