I'm Thinking of Havin Lap Band Surgery. Can anybody recommend a Surgeon to me?

tiiaa1
on 11/16/08 9:06 am - Annapolis Valley, Canada
I'm thinking of having Lap Band Surgery. I have an appointment with my family doctor this week so I can get a referal. I'd like to go in there with a name for him that I could give him for a referal. Can anyone tell me of a good doctor that they've had experience with in the Halifax, NS area? Also maybe a link where I could find out more information about the Lap Band, like what it costs, and if any of it is covered by MSI. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
jest
on 11/16/08 11:01 pm - Halifax, Canada
No one one is doing bands in Nova Scotia, the only procedure being done is Vertical  Sleeve gastrectomy. In MOncton I do believe the surgeon there is doing bands so check there,
Jen
sherry F.
on 11/17/08 7:29 am - sydney, XX
Dr. Sylvian Beausoliel does banding in Moncton and there is a doctor in Bathurst now doing LAp band as well but I do not know his name. I was banded in Moncton. Sherry
paramedic
on 11/17/08 10:50 am - Coldbrook, Canada
Hi Shery

I have the lap band. I had the surgery done in Toronto. Dr Chris Cobourn did my surgery. His clinic is the best. If you can secure financing you can choose what date you want it. I have no regrets at all it was the best choice for me.
  Good luck on your journey.

Laurie
sherry F.
on 11/17/08 11:11 pm - sydney, XX
Hi Laurie, I was banded in Moncton, I have a friend who is going to self pay for surgery , do you have a link you could send me for your doctor? Thankyou Sherry
Citykitty
on 1/13/09 8:59 am - Sydney, Canada
There is a doctor in Bathurst who is starting his practice in February/09 who will be doing lap bands.  I'm not sure if he will be doing them right away or not.  He does have some referrals already.  Details:

Dr. Marc Eric Savoie
270 Douglas Ave
Suite 303
Bathurst, NB
E2A 1M9

506-548-9960

Hope this is helpful.

Citykitty
CHUBBYBOY
on 1/19/09 3:55 pm - newcastle, Australia

I had a lap band done in 2003, now I am fatter than before it was installed, you need to understand that this surgery is diet critical, failure to follow a low fat low cal diet will cause weight gain.
If you cant follow weigh****chers for the rest of your life then consider other options like the VSG or bypass after my lap band was installed I was told to go and diet and exercise and I will slim down, I think the person that said this forgot they were talking to a morbidly obese person, if I could do that I would not have needed the band. I am now planing a VSG as my research suggests it will be a better choice due to the fact that It guarantees you only eat small meals, unlike the lap band that actual encourages you to eat poor food choices.

all the best.

Most Active