Just back home after VSG... I met NovaScotiaDawn

fgummett
on 10/23/08 9:58 am - Canada
Just got back home after my VSG at the VG in Halifax (Dr Ellsmere)... all well so far but a little weary to write much yet.
I had the great fortune to meet NovaScotiaDawn while there.. although I may have talked her ears off about the Gary Taubes "Good Calories Bad Calories" book
I gather she has had some complications but I saw her leave for surgery today and got a wave and a smile from her on her return to the ward... unfortunately I was discharged before I had a chance to ask her how things went, but I expect to see her back on here soon.
Cheers
Frank

novascotiadawn
on 11/5/08 6:27 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hi Frankkkkkkkkkk!!

I hope you are doing well and not over doing it!!!

I finally got out of the hospital on Monday. Staying with my mom now. It was great to meet you, and no you didn't bore me with the information. I would of came out more, but, I had another attack after I saw you and was in bed pretty well until I went to surgery. I have to go back next week (hopefully) to get glued :O) I have a tube feed right night and my drain aswell. I hope I get rid of the tube feed after the glue is placed:(.  Klassen and Ellsmere are both out of town until next Wednesday.

Take care my friend!

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

fgummett
on 11/5/08 7:32 am - Canada
Hi Donna, glad you are doing OK and I wish things are all sorted for you soon.

I guess I can get pretty enthusiastic about the low-carb message ;-)

I'm doing OK... still working from home as I tire quickly and really can't face the travel to work and 8 hours behind a desk... but I can work from home and pace myself so it's not so bad.

Not yet used to my "new body"... especially with my diabetes it feels like I am learning all over again. Not much appetite - which I understand is normal - but making an effort to make sure I get enough proetin and fluid.

Take good care!
Cheers
Frank

Jacqueline Mercer
on 11/18/08 9:13 am - Canada
nice to meet you both.  I went to the meeting with Dr. Ellesmere's information session. I have to now go for blood work and have an apt to go to the clinic to meet with him on Dec 9th.  Can you tell me how long after you met with him were you informed about your surgery date? they are not giving me a date, just saying I am on the short list?? any problems after the surgery?  I am nervous but happy that it seems so close. Please keep in touch, let me know how you are doing
Most Active