What is waiting period like?

ElmoMcKay
on 8/7/08 1:56 am - Canada
My doctor just recomended for me to have bariatric surgery done and he sent off a refferal I was wondering what the wait times are like........does it take years to get in or is it quicker?
mrsbish
on 8/25/08 10:56 pm - Dartmouth, Canada
Hi Elmo,
I guess we can wait together, I'm in Dartmouth, and my doctor just sent the referral in last Wednesday. From what he knew, which was nothing, he figured the wait could be upwards of 2 years. In looking at this site, however, I am getting varying ideas. With the new site doing 4 - 6 surgeries a month, I think it might be sooner, hope so.
I went to my doctor with the referral information I got from these wonderful people and he just filled out the form as I dictated. - gotta love the guy --
What has your experience been?
Kitty_mom
on 9/1/08 10:26 am - New Maryland, Canada
There are 2 doctors doing gastric bypass in Halifax. From what I understand there isn,t a waiting list.. I think one of the Dr's name is Ellis or Ellismere.  The wait for Dr Beausoleil has been 4 to 6 years. I understand that his list is shrinking, my guess is that this is because of the 2 new doctors in NS.
ElmoMcKay
on 9/8/08 4:24 am - Canada
HI mrsbish

i was tld 2 to 3 years waiting, but I hope it is quicker.  I feel like i can't do anything right now.  I have no energy, but I try.  I just keep hoping and praying that it doesn't take too long.  Nobody tells me anything about what is going on I haven't even heard from a doctor or about a doctor that does this.  I just hope it's soon.  I was in a car accidnet and my back is shot and the extra weight is horrible.  I hope you hear soon.  Let me know.
Most Active