Excited to see people getting the WLS covered through MSI

anglbabysteph
on 7/14/08 9:27 am - Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
Hi Everyone, I am new around these parts. I didn't think that MSI would cover any of the surgery, but I have renewed hope after finding this message board through google.ca. I was just wondering if anyone had advice for me on what the first step should be to take? I have yet to mention this to my primary care Dr. When I bring it up with him does he have to refer me to the surgeon in Halifax (I am in Sydney, NS)? Do I call the surgeon in Halifax to make an appointment? I am new to all of this but very excited about the prospect, any help you can offer would be great!
novascotiadawn
on 7/15/08 1:22 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hi Stephanie, MSI covers the surgery. There is a bit of a wait though, since Dr. MacDonald had retired. But, I think it depends on the situation too. First you go to your family doctor and he has to refer you to Dr. James Ellsmere or Dr. Dennis Klassen. The program isn't fully up and running as of yet. There has been a few lucky souls that have got choosen to have it done. I waited almost 8 years on the waiting list. I had the VSG done by Dr. Klassen and love it. Wishing you well in you journey. Donna
sherry F.
on 11/13/08 2:02 am - sydney, XX
anglbabysteph, I sent you a private message, I am  also from Sydney.
Most Active