I have my band as of April 15th!!!!!!!!

maggie7
on 4/24/08 1:25 am - Centerville, Canada
I have to say that as excited as I was before getting my band I am SOOOO much more so now. Just one week after my operation and one week with no diabetic medication and I am in a normal blood sugar range!!!!!!!!! That is lower than when I was on medication. The operation is a breeze - I was out shopping in Tijuana the next day. And I have lost 12 lbs in the last 3 weeks - whi*****ludes the LSD period before the operation. Maggie
Fredricka MacLean
on 5/3/08 10:02 am - Canada
Did you go to Mexico for your banding procedure? If so can you tell me about your experience. I am considering going to Monterrey Mexico for RNY.....
maggie7
on 5/5/08 7:02 am - Centerville, Canada
Hi Fredricka, Yes I did have my band procedure done in Mexico. It was a fantastic experience for me. I was done by Dr. Kuri at the Hospital Angeles in Tijauna. It is a new hospital and more like a resort than any hospital I've ever been in before. You should check it out on the internet. Dr. Kuri and his team are wonderful and I would fully recommend them. Margaret
Fredricka MacLean
on 5/27/08 8:03 am - Canada
Just checking in....how is it going? I'm dying to hear how much weight you lost....I know that lap band is a slower process than RNY....they say 2 lbs per week is what you should shoot for.....my friend has lost 66 lbs....but there is an up side because your skin has time to catch up with your body.....RNY leaves alot of loose flappy skin I guess. Oh well! What can you do? I'm going crazy waiting.....I want it over with already!!!!! I have to start my pre-op diet on June 21 but it seems like years away.............wow am I frustrated...... I have spent the last 25 years not looking in a mirror....I have been in denial for that long.....I finally last night took a good hard look and almost fainted.....I never really believed I was that big before.....subconciously I knew it because I'd get panic attacks when I thought about it so I'd stuff it away.......but last night the reality came home to roost.....now I don't want to be seen in publi****il after the surgery....boy what weird thinking I've been doing......
Most Active