Lapband

Mac-Donald
on 12/30/07 9:38 pm - Somewhere in, Canada
'Morning all: Have a quick question -- after 18 months of being banded it seems my band isn't working as I think it should -- I am able to eat alot before feeling full and it seems I can eat tons of food that I shouldn't (junk, sweets carbs...you name it). I have 4.4 ccs in a 10 cc band. I am gaining weight fast and it is so frustrating. My question is WHY AM I ABLE TO EAT SO MUCH AND WHY DOESN'T IT WORK WITH THOSE FORBIDDEN FOODS??????? Would love to hear your experiences. Thanks so much and best wishes to all for a Happy and Healthy 2008. B
sprout
on 1/4/08 8:43 pm - kingston, Canada
HI Barb I have only been banded since July so I don't really know long term but I understand that you can continue to have fills if the band is not working. I would think that you should be able to have more than 4cc. I have a 14cc band with 6.8 right now but if I need more I'm sure I can have it. Can you contact the clinic that did the band to find out? I think that is what I would do just to make sure. I'm sorry you are frustrated but remember it has been the holidays and probably we all slipped a bit. Good luck I hope you get some help and things get back on track for you! Sheri
Mac-Donald
on 1/5/08 9:58 pm - Somewhere in, Canada
Hi Sheri: Thanks for responding -- guess I was having a very down day!! It's time to seriously get back on track. There was quite a bit going on over the holidays which meant my "will power" was at an all-time low. I have been having regular fills (yesterday was the most recent) with 4.8 now in my band so I'm hoping for more restriction. Good luck on your journey, Sheri, and drop a line any time -- thanks again. Barb
paramedic
on 1/15/08 6:27 am - Coldbrook, Canada
Hi Barb I can understand your frustration. Not to sound like I am picking on you either. Are you following the rules of the band. When you eat do you eat your protein firsts. Also do you drink while you eat. As for eating the bad stuff the vband doesn't stop you from eating that stuff. Most junk food is very easily to chew and it goes right pass the band. Make sure you drink lots of water and remeber not to drink 15 prior a meal and wait for 45 to 1 hour after. For me the drinking during and after was always my hardest to stop. I was lucky I cold not eat any bread so I just left it along. It was the same with steak. There is a book about lap bands the title isLap Band for Life written by Ariel Ortiz Lagardere the isbn # is 1-879136-70-8 This book is great it has helped my alot. Keep pluging along you may neet to just reevaluate what you are doing. Good luck Lauie
Mac-Donald
on 1/15/08 10:15 pm - Somewhere in, Canada
Hi Laurie: Nice to hear from you again and I was sorry to read that you have to have the band redone. I guess there comes a time (at least for me) that you have to stop and take stock of what you're doing and remember WHY you started this process in the first place. It is very disheartening after all this time to start going the other direction as far as eating goes. I am going for my third adjustment in two months so that should help. Take care. Barb
paramedic
on 1/16/08 2:45 am - Coldbrook, Canada
Barb some tme it is better to have things go slowly than to have it happen too fast. If things were adjusted too quickly you could end up in a world of hurt. As one old prophet said good things come those who wait. Keep plugging along. Laurie
Mac-Donald
on 1/16/08 8:36 pm - Somewhere in, Canada
Hi Mona: Thank you for your input -- I value everyone's responses and support. You've had the band since 2002?? How did you get along and more importantly, how are you getting along now...six years later?? Barb
monymony
on 1/17/08 11:29 am
Hi Barb, check out my profile. I have maintained my loss for 4 years. I feel wonderful. Mona
monymony
on 1/16/08 5:27 am
Hi Barb, sounds like you need another fill. Go back to your surgeon and tell him your issues. If the fill you get doesn't give you better control, go back again till he gets it right. You have to be your own best advocate. Good luck. Mona
monymony
on 1/16/08 5:27 am
Hi Barb, sounds like you need another fill. Go back to your surgeon and tell him your issues. If the fill you get doesn't give you better control, go back again till he gets it right. You have to be your own best advocate. Good luck. Mona
Most Active