hopping to be re banded

paramedic
on 11/13/07 7:59 am - Coldbrook, Canada
Hi to you all. It is so nice to see this site having activity. When I joined over a year ago there was next to no activity. I lost my band on 11cht of April. I was very sick and duing my illness I vomited so hard that my band slipped downward. Strnagleing my stomach. When the Dr's finally made up their minds as to what they were going to do, the band was removed. Yey as they waited my stomach was severly damaged. Slowly the stomach is returning to its normal self. The human body is truely an amazing machine. If all goes well I plan to have my band replaced in Jan 08. I can't wait. The band was my greatest gift to myself. Next to my family. The results I had were wonderful. Since the band has been removed I am steadily regaining my wt gack . Which is very depressing. I am returning to my elp source. It is nice to see that there is a group startinh up .I would like to join if possible. If I am availble and not working I would love to attend to onw of your meetings/get togethers. Hi to all of my wls friends and I hope all is well. I will up date my profile in a couple of days till then Laurie
Mariking
on 11/13/07 10:32 am - Canada
Hi Laurie, When I was banded in July this year Id barely even heard of it never mind knowing anyone who'd had it done. So post op I decided to reach out and fine bandsters living close to me. Ive met a few individually, just for coffee, all lovely people and so decided to try to get a support group going. Ive now got 12 or 13 contacts. Sherry F lives the furthest away in Cape Breton but is hoping to join us on Dec 1st for our "kick off" lunch; Sheri B lives in the valley; Jane lives in Prospect Bay and the rest of us in the HRM. Where do you live? If you are not too far away why not join us? I was going from site to site as I had contacts from 3 or 4 and the Maritimes_Bariatric_Patients site (Yahoo groups) was just about dead so I suggested we all get on there for "closer" contact. Information re the lunch is posted on that site. Boy, have you been through the mill! At least now the band is removed and your stomach is healing. Good luck in having it replaced. If you are slowly gaining the weight back on why not try doing the pre-op diet for one week every couple of months or so. It will help keep the weight down and should be fine to do as the surgeons would not have put us on it if it was going to be harmful. You did that without the band so could at least try it. Its just a thought and something I would do in your position. Where were you banded? Im one of Dr Yau's lot; TLBC in Toronto and like you its been a decision Ill never regret even though at times I find it very difficult. If you need support, encouragement etc you know you come to the right places on any of these sites and Im here if you just need to talk. Keep in contact, visit the Maritimes site and dont lose hope. Marilyn
paramedic
on 11/14/07 4:58 am - Coldbrook, Canada
Thank you for responding. It is nice to share your story with other bandsters. I was banded in May 06. The surgery was done by Dr. Chris Colburn, in Mississauga. I also paid for the proceedure on my own. He has been wonderful throught this whole ordeal. Even the people with Inamed the people who made the band. I also live in the Annapolis Valley. So if any one wants to get together I am game. I plan to post more regularly. Again thank you for you words of encouragement. Laurie
klcook
on 11/14/07 3:32 am - Wedgeport, NS, Canada
WOW what an ordeal you have been through! I hope you will have continued recovery and better luck with the band second time around. I am currently waiting to be banded in Moncton! Will you have to repay for the band? Just curious as it is always good to know these things! Good luck on your journey!
Most Active