costs for lapband or rns in canada?

tanya11
on 8/26/07 2:27 am - Canada
Hey :) I was just wondering how much it would cost to get either Lapband or RNS surgery in Canada / where in Canada do they do it? Preferably the best of the best. Also, will MSI cover any of it? Thanks!! - Tanya
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/07 12:57 pm - Canada
Tanya, I know for my lapband and others who have gone to Toronto it is $16000.00. At Dr.B's office in NB the cost is $10000.00 but with a long wait period. I decided on The Surgical Weight Loss Centre in Mississauga as I had heard nothing but great things, and no more then 4-6 weeks wait time. I am unsure of anything to do with bypass, there are others on here who have had it done, I suggest reading through the older posts for info. Here is my clinics website if you would like to check it out http://www.obesitysurgery.ca/index.php
Autumn_39
on 9/5/07 5:28 am - Canada
Hi Tanya, I was given information directly from MSI and they do cover Lap Band surgery. Of course their decision is based on the individual application and any other medical reasons for having the surgery should be included in the referral. MSI did say that they do not cover the lap band itself which can cost anywhere from $2 - $3000 . THey also do not cover airfare or hotel stay. They only pay for dr's services and hospital stay and anything else directly related to your surgery. - Autumn
csauer
on 9/9/07 12:18 am - Middle Sackville, Canada
Hi, my hubbie had Lapaband done in Montreal 5 months ago. MSI said they would cover the surgery itself, but not the lapband. We paid 4500 for the lapband, 200 for the surgeon and 1000 for the anesthetist and the hospital stay (day surgery) was directly sent to MSI. They only pay for public hospitals, not private ones. We got about 800 back from MSI for surgery and anesthestist. MSI pays fully for RNY in Canada, wait times are long. They do not pay for out of country. I had mine done in India and paid 15000 incl. travel for 2 and stay for 3 weeks. Hope that helps. Good luck Christine
Kelly Moorehead
on 11/22/07 3:57 am - Stratford, Canada
What facility did your husband get his lap band done at? what where they like? Kelly from PEI
princess2131
on 1/8/08 2:47 pm - champaign, IL
can you told me where your hubbie had the lap band at and that price is for everybody i am desperated to find a better deal for my surgery since i am self pay
csauer
on 1/9/08 7:16 am - Middle Sackville, Canada
His lapband was done at the Hopital Dieu in Montreal by Dr. Leclerc, Tel: 514-890-8000. We did not get a special deal, that seems to be the deal for everybody outside of Quebec (they only have to pay for the lapband). You have to get a letter from your physician to MSI before to see if they will still cover some of the costs. Dr. Leclerc told us at our first consultation it would be $11,000, but in the end it turned out much less. Wait time was 1 year. It seemed that for the hospital costs there need be no letter or other from MSI, the hospital just charged them and didn't ask us a thing. Everybody was very friendly but it pays to speak some french. Good luck.
1wisebody
on 2/27/08 11:40 pm - Canada
Hi! Another great place to get Lap-Band surgery is the Credit Valley Clinic in Mississauga. They are a group of 3 surgeons who perform surgeries in a hospital setting. You can check out their website at www.creditvalleyclinic.ca The cost is $15000 including all the pre-surgery assessments and the Optifast supply, as well as the post-surgery follow-ups. Hope this helps.
Most Active