Lost of my band

paramedic
on 5/16/07 4:12 am - Coldbrook, Canada
Hi to you all. It has been a long time since I have posted anything or even updated my profile. Well it has been one wicked way to start the new year. I became ill shortly after christmas. In short I coughed and vomitted so hard I caused my lap band to slip downward and pushed my stomach through the band. Causing ischemic damage to the bottom 2/3 of my stomach. I have been in the hospital since April 1st. The band was removed on the 8th of April. Because of all the damage to my stomach I can only eat liquids and I also have feeding tube from my nose to my upper intestines. I will most likly be going home with this for thr next 3 months at leasts. By no means I am blamming the band. It is the best weight loss option out there. My problems are very uniquie, because this has not ever happen before. We are even in contact with the leading doctors who designed the band and conducted the research. Even they are not familar with this issue. The warning that I may want to send is be very careful when you do get sick. Seek medical advise and attention as soon as possible. I would hate to hear of someone going through what I am currently dealing with. Good luck to you all.:angle: Laurie
csauer
on 5/19/07 9:38 pm - Middle Sackville, Canada
Hi, Laurie, sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope you are recovering well. My hubbie just had his band implanted two weeks ago and is doing well so far. We will certainly heed your warning!Did you have your band taken out here in NS?Who did it? I will be praying for you. Take care.Christine
paramedic
on 5/30/07 1:30 pm - Coldbrook, Canada
Hi Christine. Sorry for taking so long to reply. The dial up service in the hospital was at a snails pace. I was discharged last Wednesday. It has been a journey. I can still only eat liquids and or very soft foods. I see a dietitian twice a week. I am still not out of the woods yet. If I can not keep the nurtrition up I may have to have the feeding tube put back. I will not know if I will need further surgery for a few more months. I have found out this problem is very uncommon. So I am unique. lol. Glad to hear that your husband is doing well and I wish him good luck. Laurie
Dr.WilliamGraber
on 7/13/07 1:14 am
Hi Laurie, Sorry to hear about what happened. Your trouble is called a prolapse and this is well known. This has been a problem with the bands from the very beginning days of that operation. get well Dr. Graber 315-624-4740 Utica, NY
Most Active