What are my Options?

add_flava
on 4/8/07 2:32 pm - Canada
Hello Everyone! The reason for my post is because I am considering my options when it comes to weight loss.. Im 24 years old and my BMI is 50.2.. :-( I find it almost impossible to lose weight.. Ive been reading some of the other posts about Gastric Bypass.. I'm finding my self interested in the less evasive gastric banding? or something like that.. Obviously I dont have that much information, I just read about it in Cosmo ;) Where do I start? What would I have to pay? Can it happen in Nova Scotia? Thanks for taking the time to read this
debbietlc
on 4/10/07 11:43 pm - Glace Bay, Canada
Hi Catt. First of all you should speak with your physician and check out your options other than an operation like a dietician; eating disorder clinic, etc. If you already done this then you should research, research, research and more research the choices of operations out there for weight loss. I researched for over 2 yrs now and came to a decision with my family involved and I've chosen Gastric Bypass Surgery but am still waiting to speak with a health professional who does this type of surgery. However, there is no Dr. I know of that does any weight loss surgery in NS. The closest one to us is NB. MSI does not fund any weight loss surgeries done in NS as far as I know and doesn't fund lap band as well but it don't hurt to try and get approval from MSI for this type. I am still waiting to hear from MSI. It is expensive from what I'm told but it is an option if your able to do that financially. Your very young and I understand what your going through as I have been overweight for over 20 yrs. I am now 41 with 2 small children (3 mt and 2 yr old) and my BMI is 53 and I have alot to live for GOOD LUCK Debbie in NS
nadineisnot
on 4/11/07 4:22 am - amherst, Canada
get your family doctor to refer you to this doc. its going to take you a verylong time. save up 5 thousand bucks or more.. or get the operation Ontario and u have to pay for everything. its a very very long wait. Beausoleil, Sylvain 667 rue Champlain suite 110 Dieppe NB E1A 1P6 GeS 00-02169 Sher 1995 (506)-858-8199 (506)-858-9012
Most Active