RNY Surgery in NB

debbietlc
on 3/14/07 10:36 am - Glace Bay, Canada
I am wondering if anyone was approved from MSI in NS for the RNY surgery and had an appt with Dr. Beausoleil for the surgery. I heard there is a 3-5 yr wait time. Is this true even after approval as I heard the approval from MSI is good only for one year? Anyone with any info on this matter please respond. Thanks, Debb
nadineisnot
on 3/19/07 12:49 pm - amherst, Canada
i was a proved from ns msi for quite a long time..i had surgery 3 years ago, i was his 8th patient. yes hes been over loaded with every obese patient in the maritimes. EXCEpt some r goingb to dr mac donald.... your always welcome to call msi up on the card and ask these questions!... the head guye name isDr Budgen.... any ways it took me another 3 years to lose the weightr and than just had tummy tuck...u can also get farther faster with lap-band... good luck. nadine lockhart amherst ns
debbietlc
on 3/20/07 10:38 am - Glace Bay, Canada
Thanks for the reply. Did you go to this Dr. MacDonald for your operation? Do you know how does one get a hold of him? Also, do you know if there is a physician in Amherst that will do the Gastic Bypass Surgery? Thank you...
nadineisnot
on 3/20/07 11:01 am - amherst, Canada
i was refered to dr a macdonald 6 years ago...they never called me..never.. i learned that he retired..whuch is not true because hes here working in the cumberland hospital(Amherst) as far as i know dr macdonald doesnt have acesses to that operation in amherst as of yet...(havent herd hes doing them) there is only ONE dr doing gastric by-pass... in the atlantic maritimes dr beauloiel(sorry i donno how to spell) he also does lap-band and fills r included. nova scotia paid for my gastric by- pass there is one lady who works at the anherst dollerma who belives dr macdonald might do gastric by pass. if i find out i can let u know get your dr to call and see if dr mac donald can do u.. but i dought hes willing to do that. never hurts to ask or u can call his secetary? look up nova scotia collage of sergons and physcians and call his numer and ask. the worse they will say is no. good luck nadine http://www.cpsns.ns.ca/online-listing-down.htm
incombustible
on 4/10/12 1:35 am - kentville, Canada
 was your tummy tuck covered and if so who where you reffered too?
nadineisnot
on 3/20/07 11:06 am - amherst, Canada
Name: MACDONALD, Allan Sullivan Address: Cumberland Regional Health Care Centre 19428 Highway 2 Phone: 902 667 5400 Amherst Fax: NS Canada B4H 1N6 Reg #: 002099 Specialty: General Surgery Degree: MD Grad Year: 1963 School: Dalhousie
Most Active