Information Session

Darlene P.
on 10/26/06 5:19 am - Sunnyside of Life, Canada
I had my information session on Tuesday, it was very interesting. Of the 5 people there, 2 were interested in the bypass and 3 Lapband. The ladies were very informative, I am now waiting for the pre-op call....hopefully soon, I have been approved by Medicare since July 2005. I have lost 45 lbs since that but I am really fighting to keep it off and loose a few more...I am eating a strict 1200 calories a day as the dietician recommended. If I show up with a gain for surgery...it will be postponed!!!!That would be the pits!!!! I really enjoy reading the posts and look forward to contributing after my surgery. Darlene MacDougall
Fredricka MacLean
on 5/11/07 8:20 am - Canada
So who is diong your surgery and how long total have you been waiting? Is the diet part of the procedure just prior to surgery?
Darlene P.
on 5/13/07 7:20 am - Sunnyside of Life, Canada
Hi Fredricka, I applied to PEI Medicare in April 2005, was approved in July 2005,,,Had my first consult with Dr Sylvain Beausoliel in Moncton in August 2006...my all day information session in October 2006 and signed my consent forms April 13, 2007. I am now waiting for my surgery date..they told me 2-3 months....At the information session the assistant told me to start 1200 calories and to lose as much as I could...I was down 7 lbs when I signed in April and have lost another 13 in the last month...I was warned to keep on losing or the surgery would be cancelled. They want you to get used to eating healthy , before surgery...I have also cut out Diet Coke which is not allowed after surgery and bought a timer to help me to slow down when I am eating as that is a necessity afrter surgery...What is your status? Darlene
Most Active