inquiring about

raggettyjoanne
on 8/28/06 1:56 am - Labrador, Canada
Hi my name is Joanne...I am a 46 year old mom..living in Northern Labrador..happily married and the mother of a beautiful son...age 11 who has left hemiplegic cerebral palsy....It was nice to find this web site and forum....I am actively trying to find a surgeon who can do stomach stapling...and was wondering..if there are any surgeons..in Nova Scotia who can do this procedure..Thank you for any information ..you may be ale to provide me... It is nice to be here and hope to me you all...Sincerely,Joanne
csauer
on 8/28/06 5:02 am - Middle Sackville, Canada
Sorry, Joanne, no one in Nova Scotia does Weight loss surgery at this time. In Moncton, NB, Dr. Beausoleil does it and has a wait time of around 5 year. Depending on what type of surgery you need and want, there are good lap-band doctors in Ontario. Good luck finding a surgeon! Christine
raggettyjoanne
on 8/28/06 5:49 am - Labrador, Canada
Thank you for your reply...it is not going to be easy to find a surgeon...is it...the waitng list...seems to be very long every where..I am scared..that I am going to die..before I find a surgeon..especially living in this rural remote...area..but this is a start..maybe my doctor can inquire with him...I appreciate your help...sincerely, Joanne
Mac-Donald
on 9/2/06 11:51 pm - Somewhere in, Canada
Hi Joanne: I'm from Cape Breton and went to Dr. Cobourn in Mississauga for lapband surgery -- yes, a long way to go. Have been back twice for adjustments to my band. It may be something you would want to look into. Expensive??? Yes, but at 59 years old this may be my last chance to lose this unwanted weight and live to see my children married and on their own so it was very much worth it for me!! I paid for it myself as our M.S.I. doesn't seem to want to offer life-saving surgery to overweight people as you will note from others on this board. Good luck and God bless......Barb
raggettyjoanne
on 9/5/06 12:25 pm - Labrador, Canada
I am so happy you have the chance still to do something about with it...I was so worried about my age being a factor as well...I have started emailing our government and advocating in the province..I so hope..something can be done...My doctor is gone at the moment...but I will see her mid September and see if she can refer me somewhere...In October..I may have to finally go off on disability...as much as I have fought that happening this last two years...I am not sure how much more damage my body can deal with..thank you for your reply Barb...nice hearing from you...sorry I am so slow but working full time and resting when I am home in order to keep doing it...wish you the best...Joanne
Most Active