It worked! It was worth it!

Laurel
on 12/22/05 6:16 am - Glassboro, NJ
I go for a weekly weigh-in at my doctor's office. I'm 7 weeks into my new "food plan" I started adding extra exercise time to my routine this past week because I know I'm not going to be as "perfect" with my food choices over the holiday as I have been lately.....Well....I lost 6 lbs this week. It felt so good to see that loss after all my hard work. It sure feels good to have hope again. I think I can do this. I have a long long way to go, but I really think I can do it , this time. Thanks for listening, Laurel
Kasey
on 12/22/05 8:08 am - Baltimore, MD
Great, Laurel! Most nonops (and most ops, if they'll be honest) will find that this is a two-part journey -- diet AND exercise. Best of luck. Kasey 365/210 (nonop)
Laurel
on 12/22/05 11:33 pm - Glassboro, NJ
Thanks, Kasey! The best part is, I'm really enjoying the exercise. I actually miss it the two days a week that I can't go. Take Care, Laurel
Jessica D.
on 12/22/05 11:22 am - Edmonds, WA
Fantastic, Laurel!!! I'm working through that balance myself, of learning that if I up the exercise, I burn more fat and lose more weight!!! I'm up to 90 minutes of cardio, 5 days a week. It's workin' for me: today's weight: 246.5#!!!! Down from 302 in June! Yippee for exercise!!! I'm glad you've begun to believe in yourself again, and are feeling a sense of hope this time. Make it different: trust that you can do this---because believing in ourselves is monumental to reaching our goals. Take care, Jessica
Laurel
on 12/22/05 11:35 pm - Glassboro, NJ
Wow, Jeccica, that's great. You're working real hard. Good job with the exercise and the weight loss. I'm looking forward to getting towards those numbers on the scale. Take care, Laurel
Phyll H
on 12/22/05 11:44 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
You can do this Laurel !!!!!! Great start !!!!!! Keep up the good work........ Phyllis
Laurel
on 12/22/05 11:40 pm - Glassboro, NJ
Thanks, Phyllis. The 6 lbs from this week brought my 7 week total to 30lbs. Hopefully, I won't get too nuts over the holiday and I'll be able to lose again in time for the next weigh-in. Take care, Laurel
Peach
on 12/22/05 10:47 pm - savannah, GA
That is Awesome! Good Job! Jamie
Laurel
on 12/22/05 11:46 pm - Glassboro, NJ
Thanks, Jamie. This new food plan is working really well. I read one of your posts earlier this week. We're around the same weight, so I know what you're going through. The weight management MD that I've been going to has given me some good ideas. No pills other than vitamins and supplements but some skills she had taught me where I'm not as apt to sabotage (sp) myself. I'd be more than glad to share if you care to hear. Take care, Laurel
kitties4
on 12/23/05 5:48 am - Cleveland, OH
I went to a party at my company's office for lunch this afternoon, and I had only one helping of chicken, sewer pipes w/tomato sauce, macaroni and cheese, potato salad, and two slices of white bread. I had a glass or orange soda, along with six and one/half small cookies, and half a donut. For me not to pig out is a major change, since I've been on Weigh****chers. I don't know if I'll lose this week or not, but at least I'm trying to eat in moderation (except for the cookies!). Congratulations on losing 6 pounds! That's great! Denise Phares
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views