How may steps in a mile???

Donnamarie
on 12/20/05 7:54 am - NY
Hello folks, I have an interesting and amusing story. I work in a high school. Due to the appearance of a new principal some of the rules have changed. Most of them have been little nit picky things that have made us all raise an eyebrow or two. The latest is that nobody but those in the main office are able to use the main office bathroom. How silly!!!! I work 20 steps from the Main Office, and spend much of my time drinking and peeing, so that really made me angry. The other nearest bathroom is at the back of the building. I decided to conduct an experiment. I counted the steps. There are 240 steps there and back. I figured out that there are 11,215 steps in a mile. So, based on that I have to go to the bathroom 47 times to walk a mile. I figured I easily go to the bathroom 12 times a day, so that means that I will be able to do 1 mile of extra walking in 4 days. How's THAT for creative?? Donna
Lynette
on 12/20/05 10:57 am - Cookeville, TN
Some of the things that administrators can come up with! I think they have too much time on their hands with nothing to do but think up crazy stuff. I think most of them have forgotten what being in the classroom is like. Teachers have as much paperwork(lesson plans, grades, etc.) as they do, but we have to manage it with 20+ kids. Lynette
lisfor
on 12/22/05 4:46 am - New York, NY
Lap Band on 05/11/09 with
Hi Donna! Ah, those Hudson valley high schools . . .I went to one, and I do remember the sensation that the administration was neither particularly bright nor altogether sane. I wish you strength and a good sense or humor (and a strong bladder)! Perhaps this could become an exercise fad? Aerobic restroom walking. Best performed on aging linoleum floors. Happy holidays! liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views