Monday -- Exercise Challenge

Lynette
on 12/18/05 9:11 pm - Cookeville, TN
Hi Everybody, I made a long list of all the things I need to do before Christmas. I got each day scheduled this week. But I am going to keep exercising. Morning: 45 minutes Pilates This Evening: I plan to do 45 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes weights. Lynette
Phyll H
on 12/18/05 9:36 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
Hi Lynette...... I have been meaning to ask you-- where is your non-op century card girl ? You have lost 100 pounds plus !!!!!!! Please click on my profile to see what I am talking about Today Exercise: 1 hour class total body conditioning class inc cardio and weights. 30 mins treadmill 30 mins eplitical trainer Thanks Phyllis
Laurel
on 12/19/05 1:53 am - Glassboro, NJ
Hi All, I didn't lose a lot yet.(25lbs)...but here's my Monday exercise (I only do water exercise because of an achilles tendon injury& the fact that everything hurts cause my arse is so big) Swimming - 60 laps or 30 minutes Deep Water - Running in place /high steps - 30 minutes Walking in waist high water 30 minutes This week I will add another 30 minutes per day to my routine...because I am certain that by Saturday and Sunday (Christmas, & Christmas Eve), I will consume more calories than I normally do. I know if I totally deprive myself, I'll wind up caving in, lock, stock & barrel, so I will allow myself some treats....but not crazy stuff. Good Luck to you all, Laurel
Kasey
on 12/19/05 7:43 am - Baltimore, MD
20 minutes each treadmill, elliptical, arm pedaler, stationary bike. Yes, I know it's the same as Sunday. Normally on Mondays, I do step aerobics, but the instructor had a toothache. So I did the cardio machines again. Best of luck. Kasey 365/210 (nonop)
Donnamarie
on 12/19/05 8:17 am - NY
Hi there Lynette, I know what you mean about the week before Christmas!! I am working til Thursday and then Friday begins the winter break. I don't go back to wor****il January 3!!! Yee haaaaaaaaaaa I can't wait to be able to choose the time of the day when I go exercising. Tonight: 35 minutes elliptical 10 minutes bike 20 minutes weight circuit I chickened out of that new Group Power class. I am going to see how it is then I may join when I get brave enough. Donna
Jessica D.
on 12/19/05 12:16 pm - Edmonds, WA
Good for you, Lynette! We're making exercise as much a priority as all the other things we HAVE to do everyday. So keep exercising! I certainly will! We've had Christmas parties a plenty in my neck of the woods, and I'm continuing my slow weight loss: I've not gained even one ounce this entire holiday season!!! That's my focus; I'm going to enjoy spending time with family and friends, and I'm even going to endulge on some foods that are not a part of my everyday eating plan; but I will exercise, 90 minutes every weekday to offset any damage. So far, it keeps me losing!!!! Yippee!! 45 minutes tonight on treadmill, and 45 minutes on the elliptical trainer!! I'm not going to allow all the fun and celebrations of the season to deter me from my goal of at least maintaining my weight---and hopefully continuing to lose. I'm learning some skills that I have never learned before. Today, I went to my daughter's work and joined her for lunch. She works at Panera Bread Company, so you know there are delicasies-a-plenty floating around that place. So, I decided, that meal would serve as my breakfast/lunch. I had a cinnamon crunch bagel (my favorite; sans the cream cheese) and a bowl of chicken/rice soup. I drank water as I always do, and then, I came home and looked up the damages on the Panera web site, only to find, I didn't do half bad!!! When looking at a day's calories, the bagel was 410 calories, and the soup was 200. For breakfast and lunch; 610 is really very do-able. Now I know that there are many carbohydrates in that bagel, so my blood sugar is going to do a dance of joy within a few hours of my eating that bagel, so I offset the damages by adding fat to the bagel, I had margarine instead of cream cheese, and I had protien in the form of my chicken/rice soup. That will slow down the absorption of the sugar from the bagel, and keep me from craving later in the day! And it worked!!! I went to get in my workout tonight, and because of the high fat content I took in with the bagel and the soup, I just had some string cheese for dinner and some tea. I'm okay. No cravings; no nothing. I remember; it's all cumulative. A weeks worth of eating and exercisinng evens out in the end. So when I do something a bit more drastic, or add some calories/carbohydrates that are higher than normal for me, I'm learning to offset it later in the day or in the week--by eating less, or having a meal free of carbohydrates and full of protien. This has been helping me keep my head straight, and keeping the cravings at bay!!! Ladies, I feel like I'm learning how to eat; for the first time in my life--I'm actually learning how to make the necessary alterations in my daily caloric intake to even out the damages I may do. This feels empowering, ladies. Really empowering. The scale tells me I'm 248 pounds...still losing!!!! Let's keep doin' it ladies!!!! Jessica 302/248/175
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views