My focus

Sylvia B
on 12/13/05 9:14 am - Beaufort, SC
Hello non post-ops. So glad everyone welcomed me in. I updated my profile today and thought I would share with you all. My thought for the day: I have to concentrate on things I KNOW are achievable. So I will not concentrate on the weight because, really, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER IT. I AM going to focus on a harder, stronger workout. I CAN control that. I will set goals for things that are in my control. How much weight I loose IS NOT in MY control. How hard I workout is!! For two weeks now I have pushed myself at the gym 4 days a week. I have control... I pushed myself to 35 minutes on the eliptical and added weights to my strength training. I have control...I made the decision to go at least 4-5 days a week. I have control...and guess what....I LOST weight!!! NOT something I can control, not even my focus!! But when I FOCUSED on what I new I could achieve (working out) and took ALL my focus OFF the weight loss, the weight started to buge....hmmm.... Stay focused on the things you have CONTROL of not on the things out of your control. Hugs, Sylvia
Kasey
on 12/13/05 10:21 am - Baltimore, MD
Sylvia, I agree that paying less attention to the scale (and clothing size) is important in this journey. I don't remember the day I got below 300 pounds, but I do remember the day I walked for three miles without stopping. I don't remember the first time I tried on a size 22 and it fit, but I do remember the first time I completed a step aerobics class using six-inch risers. Best of luck. Kasey 365/210 (nonop)
Phyll H
on 12/13/05 10:25 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
There you go Sylvia........ You have a positive outlook and approach !!!!!!! Now keep your focus and you will see the results Phyllis
Jessica D.
on 12/13/05 11:13 am - Edmonds, WA
ALRIGHT, SYLVIA!!!! THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!! We we focus on what we CAN do, we give ourselves power and drive that we can live up to. It's a positive cycle of realistic expectations, and feeling great when we live up to those expectations. You're doing it!!! I think that is fantastic, and I can sure take your lesson and run with it. Doesn't it feel empowering to decide what we will do, and follow through with it. We let go of all the peripheral crap we have little or no control over, and focus or time, energy, and drive on what we can and chose to control. What you're doing is no easy task, Sylvia. You're regaining control that for a long time, was lost and floating out there in "I'm trying" land. You are no longer trying...you're doing. I think that is monumental and I hope you are as proud of yourself as I am!!!! I've noticed in the past months that my thoughts tend to gravitate toward gaining control of my actions. Taking full responsibility for them, and not punishing myself for not being "better" or losing faster. I am where I am suppose to be. I am doing what I know is best for me, and I am not perfect---and don't have to be. Guilt is an ugly feeling that we impose upon ourselves when we set our expectations at an unhealthy and unreachable place that renders us failing at every turn. To say, for example, I will not eat over 1000 calories a day, I will not drink anything other than water, I will exercise at least 1 hour a day, and never deviate from my food plan---All of those things we didn't do get slammed in our faces at every turn. But to rephrase those thoughts to, "I will exercise one hour a day, I will drink water with my meals, I will stick to my eating plan daily, to the best of my ability; and if I should deviate from my planned foods, I will compensate for it later in the day by decreasing my later calories, or throwing in another 10 minutes of exercise that day." The way we talk to ourselves matters. Let's all be good to ourselves, and speak as kindly to ourselves as we would those we love. Let's focus on what we will do, and not on what we should do. It makes a lot of difference in our success. Jessica
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views