Just what I needed!!!

CarolinaGirl270
on 12/9/05 9:09 am
While I was reading a post on the main board I saw a link to this one!!! WOW--i had no idea this existed on a WLS site! This is exactly what I needed to end the nagging feeling I have been having about this surgery choice. I need to lose 120lbs and I am 31 with two little girls. I feel like I need to try to do this on my own again. I may get to a point of surgery but I can't do it now. I hate to quote people but I truely believe in this one: DOUBT MEANS DON'T--Oprah Winfrey. The doubts I have been having mean DON'T have surgery. I need a lot of support. Thanks to all and have a happy holiday!
Jessica D.
on 12/9/05 10:30 am - Edmonds, WA
Welcome to our little corner of the world!! All of us here have decided, or had it decided for us, that surgery wasn't going to be our way of losing our excess weight. Please come back and talk to us about what your plans are: food plan, exercise plan, personal support plan... Whatever you need, please allow us to help carry the load. It's a hell of a lot easier to walk a mile with a friend, than to walk that mile alone. We all have had our fair share of doubts as to whether we could find the inner motivation and stregnth to stick to a food plan (diet is a curse word!! Food plans are ways of eating forever!!) or to stick to an exercise routine. It is work; really hard work. But it IS do-able. I'm doin' it, as are many other people who pop on this board for support and to send love to those struggling. Let's do it, girlfriend!! What are your plans, or if you need help developing them, let us try to offer our mini pearls of wisdom. Glad you joined us, Jessica
Phyll H
on 12/9/05 10:31 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
Welcome Stephanie......... Just join right on in.......... We will try and support you in anyway that we can. I am a non-op by choice. A member of the century club....... I invite you to read my profile for more Right now the old fashion way is working for me....... This board is outstanding !!!!!!! Again, welcome !!!!!!! Phyllis
Donnamarie
on 12/10/05 3:25 am - NY
Stephanie, Welcome to the non-op board. As Jessica said, many of us have chosen not to have surgery, for various reasons. For many of us on here, as you will see, changing our way of life appears to be working well. Ask questions, get support, give support. That is what this board is for. Good luck. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views