The Plateau

Donnamarie
on 10/28/05 11:02 pm - NY
Okay, so call me slow. For the past two weeks I have seen my weight go from 280 to 278 to 275 to 280 to 282 to 279 to 278 and now to 276, in that order!!!! I guess I always thought a plateau was staying smack dab at one number, not moving for weeks. My scale is incapable of hanging onto one weight, so I suppose I will never hit a classic plateau. But I think now I am there!!! I'm not disgusted or disturbed or even confused. I have had an amazing weight loss over the past 4 months, and now it is throwing me a curve. I look at it as a way to figure out what makes me tick, to tweak what I am doing wrong, and to continue down a path that is going to work for me. Have I imagined that I have stopped losing?? Hell yeah. Have I cursed at the scale as the numbers moved all over the place??? Hell yeah. Have I given up??? Hell no. I started back at the gym two weeks ago now and I feel better then ever. I know that being a healthy person includes a lot of different items. The right food is merely a small part. There has to be an entire physical, emotional and psychological change in order to create a permanent situation. I am on the right road for that. I wait patiently while my body redistributes the water and muscle mass that I am creating. I eat the same foods, but I know that I have to up my caloric intake in order to fuel my body correctly to take on physical tasks. It's all a matter of figuring out what is going to please my body. I know the scale will move in time, and I will be patient. I have been on this journey a mere 4 months. I have been morbidly obese for 16 years. I can wait a year or two to become "normal" again. Have a most lovely day. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views